Which Alloys Fit

Jordan-

Sep 16, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
I posted a thread yesterday on the introduction page and realised im getting no replies :(
Soo. Im getting my first car tomorrow, gonna be the proud owner of a Extreme Blue 1.2 Seat Ibiza MK4 - 2002, downside is its got steel wheels :thumbd:
Ive read threads on here before + all you all seem to know your stuff so i was wondering what alloys can i buy that will fit directly onto my new car without catching wheels arches etc,
Ive got a lost of things i want to do to my car, but alloys are priority at the moment!!
also if someone could pleeease explain how on earth i put pictures up i'd really appreciate it + could show you the new whip :thumbup:

Many thanks

Jordan-

Jordan-

Sep 16, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
Well after getting a valuation i realised i payed more for the car than its worth but its too little too late i guess, BUT i do have some money to buy myself some alloys and cover any needed repairs. Not that im rich, just been saving for about 6 months :p
So have you any idea what alloys i can buy that will fit onto my car? Honestly im very grateful for your reply!! :thumbup:

Jordan-

Sep 16, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
Thanks dude truly what i need, one minor question, Im a complete newbie when it comes to mechanics, so what size are the stock calipers? it mentions 312mm brakes, am i right in saying these are modified?
And really dont wanna be a pain but, wheres good too buy them from? New or used i dont mind?
Thanks alot cupra.al!! :D

312mm is the size of the disc rather than the caliper.
312mm brakes are a modification to the brakes for all non cupra models but on a 1.2 you will be wasting your time.
ebay is the place if you really want them search audi tt 312mm calipers its mainly the carriers that are needed but as i said before your best off not bothering really.
if you feel your brakes are a bit crap look into upgrading your discs and pads but really your still be wasting money i think.

Jordan-

Sep 16, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
so in order to have for example the RS4 reps, id need to change the discs?
BUT if its only the wheels i plan on changing what size do i need, regarding the discs? im guessing smaller than 312mm? :rofl:

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
you will not need to upgrade or change your brake callipers or disks at all if you are just wanting new alloys. any alloy wheel will more than likely fit over the 1.2 brakes.
like Al said, most VAG range alloys with the same nut pattern will fit...
312mm brakes are commonly put as an upgrade on cars which have been heavily modded and need the extra stopping power, which your car won't really need sorry :p

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
but back to your original question...
some ideas would be alloys off: mk1 Leon, mk4 Ibiza, mk4 golf, mk6 polo, mk1 A3, mk1 A4 (potentially the mk2 but not sure)

Last edited:

Earthling

Beetle Mechanic
Feb 3, 2013
Mountain hideaway, SE Spain
Well after getting a valuation i realised i payed more for the car than its worth but its too little too late i guess, BUT i do have some money to buy myself some alloys and cover any needed repairs. Not that im rich, just been saving for about 6 months :p
So have you any idea what alloys i can buy that will fit onto my car? Honestly im very grateful for your reply!! :thumbup:
Apologies for jesting, but at least it attracted some responses. Ö¿Ö

Jordan-

Sep 16, 2013
Halesowen, West Midlands
Thanks for that link its really useful, so in order for me to post pictures i need to sign up for photobucket?
Picked up the car yesterday and oh my, what a drive! Fell in love within the first 10 minutes, after working out where to find reverse gear :p