Which bulbs?

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire
Hey all,

Upon reading numerous threads I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.

I'm looking to change the standard rear interior bulbs into LED ones but there seems to be a bit of speculation about light dispersal over the standard ones.

Has anybody done this and can tell me how badly the light output is affected from converting to LEDs (if any).

Also, it seems the actually T5 Neo Wedge sized bulbs are quite small and appear to only be able to hold a single LED, has anybody seen anything with more bulbs housed or would a single LED be the only option?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire
What did you guys get?

Something like this...

687267e3de331215ecbeaafae0963da5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon1600s

Once a 1600, now an LCR
Sep 17, 2011
Berkshire
I have changed mine to LED and I feel that there is less light output, albeit it looks nicer due to being a better colour. The issue is the 'tip' of the bulb points 90 degrees to the direction the light comes out of the unit. With a normal bulb this isn't an issue as light is spread in all directions (almost). But these LEDs are very directional and aren't pointing in the correct direction. I did think about making a reflector to fix this, but I never really use the back so I'm not overly fussed.

Hope that makes sense!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members