Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Icecavern said:
RWD/AWD is never gonna happen on my front driveway, too much work. VR6 is looking like a go as it's simpler and cheaper to get one and bash it in. Plus I can then supercharge it :D
get one and bash it in
:lol:

and all it will cost you is the price of the VR6... some of your own time... and 854 weables (est)

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Well I figure a big enough hammer will sort it out nice and quick :D Have found an OBD2 engine going so might be getting close to giving the old girl a new heart ;)

854 weables? Bugger, best get the traps out :D

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
vr6 vs 1.8t

I'd go for the vr6 with a single hybrid turbo to give good bottom end response without sacrificing the top end power delivery. I,ve got a ahu 1.9 TDI cordoba vario and am going to take the current motor up to about 180-190 bhp and build a pd/ahu hybrid engine for when it goes pop. But the more a thought about it the vr6 knocking out about 250 -300 bhp for £1200 approx vrs 230 bhp diesel engine for at the very cheapest £2000, the prevoius makes more sense. Vr6 shold fit straight in to as the engine mount layout in a mk3 golf vr6 is the same as ahu diesel engine. It uses the same gearbox and engine mounts, the 1.8 T doesen't. Correct me on the 1.8T if I'm wrong. I'm right about the vr6/ ahu engine mounts.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Sure, that's only a fat dog hanging off the front of yor bonnet. I'm in the middle anyway. I think the diesel engines are abit heavier than the 1.8t but lighter than the vr6. The only problem then would be what spring and damper for the suspension do you get?

Sam.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise