Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I say 1.8T

Ok they are more about but surely thats a good thing if something went wrong or you had problems... also aftermarket bits/bling bits for the 1.8T are becoming widely available now

Cheap to tune to 270bhp, ok doesnt sound as good as a V6 but you can get an exhaust to cover that if you wanted. Lighter engine. Pretty solid and reliable.

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
BeeSix said:
Cheap to tune to 270bhp, ok doesnt sound as good as a V6 but you can get an exhaust to cover that if you wanted. Lighter engine. Pretty solid and reliable.
that is a good question.

When you are doing sound-offs... will you need to have the engine running in order to keep your cap's and amps full?

And if so ... when doing "ambient" sounds, or low level testing ... would the engine sound interfear with the testing?

Or am I talking total bollox? :fool:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
slimjim said:
that is a good question.

When you are doing sound-offs... will you need to have the engine running in order to keep your cap's and amps full?

And if so ... when doing "ambient" sounds, or low level testing ... would the engine sound interfear with the testing?

Or am I talking total bollox? :fool:

Engine off for judging, but the car will spend a lot of time at idle while the system is playing in demo setup.

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Mate is running VR6 Turbo lump in his Mk2 Golf! :p

Im going to be different.. I say an R32 engine! :p :p

3.2 V6! :funk: Well if JBS can fit one in a mk2 golf? Surely it can go in Cordy? :confused:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
You would be supprised how nice a V6 TDI with a good exhaust system sounds. Real deep big rollox growl to them!

Be good to carry all the extra weight of your sound system too

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I'll vote for 1.8T just cos I think turbo all the time.
but consider that there's a certain number of turbo kits for the VR6 nowadays,,, and this means BIG power. From 300+ to 600+ hp just the kits by EIP,,, that's a bit costy tho but none forces you to turbo it the day after you buy it.
what about a RWD/AWD conversion?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.