Which FPR?

ilikefatgirls

Nov 4, 2010
Wiltshire
Am going to starting buying bits for a K03s upgrade and googled it to death.

Am gonna start with the FPR as its seems the easiest and cheapest place to start. Then injectors etc then find a half decent turbo.

My question is what FPR do I get, do I just go for a 4bar jobby from an Audi and its plug and play or what?

ilikefatgirls

Nov 4, 2010
Wiltshire
So which comes first remap or FPR?

As Im guessing from what Ive read the FPR needs upgrading for the K03s

Some people say no and others say yes but for the sake of twenty quid I would rather do it.

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Pretty sure only REVO stage 2 uses 4bar fpr (which is controversial anyway)

Also you dont need injectors for a k03s.

All you NEED is: 1.Turbo 2.Gaskets/washers 3. Silicone turbo intake pipe 4. a re-map (stage 1, 2 or custom.

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Yeah probs stage one then mate. You can run a k03s on that map no problem but to get the most out
of it you should get a custom map. You thought about k03s hybrid? 270+bhp then

May 25, 2008
cambs
Get your ko3s fitted first and take a 4 bar fpr with you to the mappers ,only if they require it though mine did when mine was mapped at Jabba

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
If your sticking with AMD for your stage 2 map then you will need a 4bar fpr they did when they done stage 2 with mine. they should be able to supply you with one when they map it, again they did with me.

Like emlyn said you dont need injectors etc with a k03s. you can run it on a stage 1 map but its wise to get it mapped as it can run a bit lean on top end when booting it.

May 25, 2008
cambs
Which turbo did you go for ? If you went hybrid there will be more parts required eg injectors bigger maf etc.....

May 25, 2008
cambs
Well all you need is exhaust downpipe gasket , ex manifold gasket maybe and possibly depends on condition ex manifold to turbo gasket . They do recommend to replace the manifold to turbo bolts when changing turbos

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members