Which Leon: FR TSI, FR TDI, or Cupra?

BrownFox

Oct 19, 2010
Oxford
I've had a cupra n recently moved on to a face lift tdi Leon. Loved the cupra for the pace n grunt.. The tdi is fast n pulls well but u can't argue with the amazing 40+ mpg

Gareth 265 R

Aug 4, 2011
Harrogate
I do very similar miles to you in my R for my commute and then some on evenings/weekends, I fill up every 4 to 5 days at £70+ a time. It works out at approx £450 a month on petrol give or take. That is the first time I have actually added it up, and it is quite sickening to see that figure. Looking at that would I opt for a diesel next time, maybe, as you are doing around 15,000 a year just commuting, add a few personal miles to that and you are doing best part of 20K a year and thats alot of petrol. Wish I hadn't bothered to work that out, just glad my wife doesn't come on here.

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
i drive a 07 FR tdi and have a 40mile commute to and from work with a mixture of roads, maybe 24 miles is motorway and i get about 500-520miles out of a full tank! and thats maily driving around 75mph on the motorway. love the torque on my car i would say test drive the tdi FR properly before you rule it out!

RS777

By the way, I bought an '08 FR TSI and I love it!

MPG is as expected, not great but not bad either plus it was significantly cheaper than the equivalent diesel so it made more sense to get the petrol anyway. Didn't test drive a Cupra but the FR is plenty quick enough and I can remap it if I do start wanting more power.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
By the way, I bought an '08 FR TSI and I love it!

MPG is as expected, not great but not bad either plus it was significantly cheaper than the equivalent diesel so it made more sense to get the petrol anyway. Didn't test drive a Cupra but the FR is plenty quick enough and I can remap it if I do start wanting more power.

You have a TFSI mate not TSI :)