Which mapping company?

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
Hi guys

I have a mk3 cupra 290 black. I am new to tuning lol. Looking at a stage 1 remap. My local garage are great and have done work on this car and my previous Leon’s. They use quantum tuning. Has anyone used this tuning company before and are they any good?

My car is a manual so I am aware a new clutch is probably a good idea at the same time. What sort of price do you guys think everything will cost?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Another vote for JBS Auto in Chesterfield. They've done my FR and I know they've done plenty of Cupra's too. They know their stuff so definitely worth considering.

deanholmes194

Dec 8, 2014
Hi guys

I have a mk3 cupra 290 black. I am new to tuning lol. Looking at a stage 1 remap. My local garage are great and have done work on this car and my previous Leon’s. They use quantum tuning. Has anyone used this tuning company before and are they any good?

My car is a manual so I am aware a new clutch is probably a good idea at the same time. What sort of price do you guys think everything will cost?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

I had a Quantum tune on a MK5 Ibiza - no complaints or problems in 50,000 miles. I have nothing to compare it to having not had once since though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDM_Mark

Apr 18, 2020
Yup, 100%. I've been there a few times now (including Stage 2+ mapping on my MK2).
R tech are very good especially custom mapping, if they are 30 minutes away from you then you are about to be a regular customer lol

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Stage 1 just stick with tried and tested off the shelf software which has been developed properly aka APR,REVO,MRC,Unicorn.

R-Tech if they offer the specific map, JBS (although I had a bad experience many years ago and said id never recommend them again).

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Stay away from jbs they mapped my mates car and its pulling too much timing and hes getting throttle closure issues.

My recommendations are unicorn,mrc and r tech

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
unicorn all day long i had stage 2 APR which was good for a while but i knew rick was a master i was not wrong throttle mapping he puts in his maps is superb when cruising about dead spot in pedal has gone . car has power everywhere feels faster than APR and smoother am about to go stage 3 and guess who am going back too

Sam Lever

Dec 19, 2018
Hi guys, looking at getting stage 1 remap done on my 2019 Cupra 290 (FWD). Was wondering if any of you have had it done and if so, how does it cope in terms of grip with the extra power? I've still got the std conti tyres on but plan to change to Michelin PS4S soon. Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise