Which one?

Paul150

1.9 TDi Cupra
Jun 24, 2011
Stevenage
I'm going to look at two Seat Leon (2004) 1.9 TDi Cupras tomorrow and am after some free advice.

Info for the first is;

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 59,000 miles, Black. Metallic Black. this car has stunning looks that returns 60mpg Anti theft system, Metallic paintwork, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, ABS, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Radio/Cassette, Side airbags, Radio/CD Multichanger, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Traction control, PAS, Cloth seat trim, Drivers airbag, Heated door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Isofix child seat anchor points, Rear electric windows, Solid Paint, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Trip computer, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Alarm, Rear wiper, Body coloured bumpers, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Front fog lights, Remote central locking. MOT: 03.02.2012, tax 30.09.2011, in very good condition HUGE SPEC!!! In excellent condition in and out!!. Insurance Group:13, FULLY HPI CLEAR!!

Info for the second is;

5 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Hatchback, Diesel, 64,400 miles, Metallic Silver, 2 Owners. Full Service History, Digital Climate Control, Front Fog Lights, Rear Spoiler, Electric Front & Rear Windows, Remote Locking with 2 Keys, Electric Door Mirrors, 17" Alloy Wheels, Sports Seats, Leather Sport Steering Wheel, Trip Computer, TCS Traction Control, Multiple Airbags, Rear Headrests, Tinted Glass, 6CD Stereo, Immobiliser, Alarm, PAS, Isofix child seat anchor points, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Height adjustable drivers seat. 54.3mpg Combined Cycle, 12m WARRANTY, 12m MOT, Taxed until Nov 2011, Superb Condition Throughout, £5,989

Thanks in advance,

Paul

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
price on 1st one? how many ownders? service history?

both are good motors but depending on my questions i would go for the 1st one. if no service history and too many owners then go for the 2nd one.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
if they are tdi cupra's then they will have the same spec package on them both!
so go for the one with better mileage/price and has full service history
if either is over 60k or 4yrs old ensure has had cambelt & water pump all done

Paul150

1.9 TDi Cupra
Jun 24, 2011
Stevenage
Hi,

I'm back.

I phoned the garage and the first one has FSH and 2-3 owners.

So basically the first one is best as long as I can get them to do a 60k service or reduce the price accordingly if they won't.

I'll check to see how long the last owner has had it.

Paul

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
at £6k the cambelt better be done!

both cars look good for the money tbh, it does depend on how you feel about each car. you may drive it and find that you dont 'feel' anythig for it and drive the other one and think yeah, i like this one. they are always a gamble, the 2nd one does offer 12mths warranty but garages often bull sh*t there way out of repairing things with every excuse under the sun.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.