Which one?!

Sep 25, 2022
Looking to buy a formentor in the next few months. Been told by the local dealer that any electric or hybrid is a 40-50 week wait. The petrol model is my only choice as my current car is leased and has to go back in June.
Really torn between the 2.0 245 VZ1 and the 2.0 190 V2 4 drive. Apart from the engine size and 4 wheel drive, are there any other massive differences? I think the 190 comes with leather interior and the 245 has better safety packs and electric tailgate? Struggling with the Cupra website to find the full specs. Cheers!

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
This is very odd, as I have the vz2 300bhp on lease which also ends in June. I wouldn't get one until they sort the infotainment side. So many issues. But if you do, make sure they upgrade it to latest before pickup.

Some of the dealer done firmware upgrades are bricking it and people left without cars ( so I have read on forums).

It's a real shame, if that was fixed the vz2 300bhp is pretty awesome. Cannot comment on the other engine sizes sorry.

Sep 25, 2022
This is very odd, as I have the vz2 300bhp on lease which also ends in June. I wouldn't get one until they sort the infotainment side. So many issues. But if you do, make sure they upgrade it to latest before pickup.

Some of the dealer done firmware upgrades are bricking it and people left without cars ( so I have read on forums).

It's a real shame, if that was fixed the vz2 300bhp is pretty awesome. Cannot comment on the other engine sizes sorry.
Thanks for the reply mate. That’s a shame to hear about the infotainment system. What sort of problems are you experiencing? Do you think it would be resolved with the upgrade?
As I’m ok with my current car until June, maybe their new car, next year will have ironed out these problems? 🤷🏻‍♂️

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
With a bit of luck yes, various problems like Bluetooth disconnections continuously, locking up, so you have to reset it. GPS nav dropouts, some sections stop working (like heated seats not coming on). The whole usage is pretty poor (response, lack of night time button lighting). Real shame, they should of just put a android tablet there rather than that.

Worse problem I have right now, and I suspect it related to the GPS dropouts, is the cruise speed detection is going loopy and constantly flipping between mph and kph (it reads a 70/national speed limit sign) and then drops you to 44mph (70 kph). Driving me insane and makes it unusable.

And for awareness, any troubleshooting has to go to a cuppa dealer which are few and far between in the UK. Seat dealers can only service them.

Recent 200 mile trip the other week, had to reset the infotainment system twice.

The 300hp is a peach though, and 4x4 is unbelievably grippy. I had a amazing December long weekend around Snowdon in North Wales and really pushed it to the limits. Behaved amazingly. I would seriously buy one if it was no lt for that buggy infotainment/cruise issue

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply mate. That’s a shame to hear about the infotainment system. What sort of problems are you experiencing? Do you think it would be resolved with the upgrade?
As I’m ok with my current car until June, maybe their new car, next year will have ironed out these problems? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not just Cupra or Seat, but since VAG moved software development in-house; presumably driven by the desire to remove reliance on third party software development companies and to reduce costs - there’s been a number of software gremlins across various VAG brand vehicles. The majority of these issues have been fixed with various software updates, but for some owners the updates seem to result in the resurrection of some of the old issues that had been fixed.

I dare say there are many owners who are perfectly happy with their cars and haven’t experienced (m)any issues. No doubt all car brands experience software issues so some sort during the lifecycle of their vehicles.

A search of the mk4 Leon, Cupra Leon and Cupra Formentor forum boards or golfmk8.com and vwroc.com forums will highlight some of the issues owners have had. Also, a general internet search on ‘VW Group Software Issues’ will provide some background information to the issues.

Sep 25, 2022
With a bit of luck yes, various problems like Bluetooth disconnections continuously, locking up, so you have to reset it. GPS nav dropouts, some sections stop working (like heated seats not coming on). The whole usage is pretty poor (response, lack of night time button lighting). Real shame, they should of just put a android tablet there rather than that.

Worse problem I have right now, and I suspect it related to the GPS dropouts, is the cruise speed detection is going loopy and constantly flipping between mph and kph (it reads a 70/national speed limit sign) and then drops you to 44mph (70 kph). Driving me insane and makes it unusable.

And for awareness, any troubleshooting has to go to a cuppa dealer which are few and far between in the UK. Seat dealers can only service them.

Recent 200 mile trip the other week, had to reset the infotainment system twice.

The 300hp is a peach though, and 4x4 is unbelievably grippy. I had a amazing December long weekend around Snowdon in North Wales and really pushed it to the limits. Behaved amazingly. I would seriously buy one if it was no lt for that buggy infotainment/cruise issue
Wow. That’s some pretty big issues! Surely they have got to get on top of it? Must be very frustrating. Hope you get it sorted.

A good point about the servicing (which I didn’t think of), I’ve currently got a C class Mercedes which I take to an independent garage who use Mercedes parts. About half the price of a Main Dealer service! Not sure if I’ll be able to do this with a Cupra!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
You can switch off the car acting on speed limits in the menu.
Yes the display of the limits is still a PITA but at least the car no longer reacts to them

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
When one thing out of 10 or 100, etc, goes wrong it makes the headlines, when the other 9 or 99, etc, work fine nobody really mentions anything. Yes, its very annoying to have such serious issues with the infotainment, I really dont know how I would cope with it, but luckily I m one of the other 9 or 99 etc who do not have an issue, except of the other day when the Cupra id system required from me to login again and I coudn't, which eventually led me to the dealer and had to reboot and use the system as a guest but that's better for me as all functions work fine and without the interference of the Cupra id. There is no way in todays cars which are loaded with electronics, no matter what brand/carmaker, to not have some gremlins on some of them, however this seems to not be the rule but the exception. Sure its frustrating to encounter any kind of problem on a new car, but its inevitable according to the law of statistics for some, we just hope it will not be us!

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
I got mine this summer. 310hp 4 drive
Year of production 2022. It seems that most of the glitches has been fixed so far.
Yes, there is some small issues with infotaiment, but they are not very frustrating and disapears after long (~1h) parking.
Happens time to time.. ~once a month.
Otherwise car is just awesome! And performance is the same as x7 m50i :D

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
I got mine this summer. 310hp 4 drive
Year of production 2022. It seems that most of the glitches has been fixed so far.
Yes, there is some small issues with infotaiment, but they are not very frustrating and disapears after long (~1h) parking.
Happens time to time.. ~once a month.
Otherwise car is just awesome! And performance is the same as x7 m50i :D
What issues do you still see? And can you let me know your firmware version. Might try to get mine updated. Thanks. I have left two requests with customer services and they never get back to me.

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
I faced few of them:
1. Key is not found. Happens time to time while you driving. 5 sec and it dissapears.
2. Sensors disabled sometimes. After ~1h of parking all sensors are active and working. Happens ~once a month
3. I have sunroof and so far it happened twice when I weren't able to open it. After ~1h of parking it works correctly.
I usually disable Line assist and Start/Stop system.
PreCrash is really usefull. 2 times it saved my freedom and some cyclists :D

Attachments

• 20220929_205613.jpg
    20220929_205613.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: TheUkWizard