Which tyres do you run on your Toledo?

odd-head

new to the dub scene
Feb 27, 2010
calne, wiltshire
Hello
Can you please tell me which tyres you all run your Toledo?
I currently have dunlop sport tyres on the car which will need changing
soon. Price not applicable just want reviews on tyres used on the Toledo.
Cheers
Myles

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Fullrun chinese carp...

Bad in the dry, dangerous in the wet. Turns braking effort into Disney on Ice. Makes any takeoff a meaningless imitation of a 17 year old in a Ford Fiesta Popular Plus. Steering and cornering are two completely independent tasks.

OK, they're not quite that bad, they were dirt cheap and I'm getting huge mileage out of them (10k miles and they still look new). But I won't be getting them again.

tony19b

Apr 12, 2007
Lancashire
Ran Bridgestone Turanza ER300s on my previous Mk 2 Tolly, and I have them on my current Mk 3. Good all rounder except in winter when they are useless! I have a set of Kumho Kw23s for winter now.

AP_V5

Jan 19, 2010
Sussex
I've just recently fitted Kumho here too, even used them on my Jaguar XJ6 its decent budgetish tire, quite soft gives quiet ride too.

dvance

Mar 23, 2010
I'm running Kumho Ecsta something or other (not sure exactly what) on my V5 -- directional on the front normal ones on the back. They're alright in the dry as far as I can tell, but they lose quite a bit of grip in the wet (i.e. pulling out quickly from junctions results in massive wheel spins). Not really had any scary moments with them or anything.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Value for money the Falken tyre is hard to beat. I replaced my budgets on the front with Falken's and the difference was amazing. Good in dry and wet. Heard a lot of good things about Vredestein and Hankook EVO's but cannot comment for them on Toledos.

Check somewhere like Camskill for prices to get the best deal as some of the high street tyre fitters are a rip off.

gavinmaynard

Goodyear Eagle F1. Never had a car with so much grip, even in the rain!

sgtcortez

I've done a poo Daddy
Jul 26, 2009
Cornwall
Continental sport contact2 on the front and fulda carat exellero at the stern.

Grips extremely well in the dry:D bit lairy in the wet though.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I had Toyo T1-R on the front of mine which give excellent grip especially in the wet but only lasted about 12k miles. I had Triangle budgets on the rear (were on the car when i got it) which are lethal in the wet..... the back end would constantly let go in the wet which was fun sometimes but not on country roads at 60mph!!!

tol16v

Hi I have always run Dunlops on my toledo got MAXX on the front and 9000 on the back which are not made any more.

russ0r

Eagle F1s.
Until I got a screw in one of them last weekend. Now I've got 3x Eagle F1s and a Linglong or some other Chinese toss on the o/s rear :(

Still plenty of grip though. Eagle F1s stick like glue.

Jayzx

Currently running Pirelli P6000's on the front with Ling Long on the back after swapping them over.

Before, with the Ling Longs on the front, it was getting utterly rediculous in the wet, they are awful when slightly worn.

Since putting the Pirellis on the front it has way more grip in wet and dry, unfortunately the crappy tyres at the back are still crappy in the wet and she can get a tad tail happy round a wet roundabout :blink:

Going to buy a pair of Pirellis to match the front before she goes up for sale in the next few weeks.