• Poll closed .

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
Hey guys had the car since Feb 2014 so thought it was time to do a rr :D

feb 2014 when i got her bone stock

stayed like this for 6 months after telling myself i wouldn't modify it :help:
then a quick trip to p-torque for stage one and twintake

then i bought a set of eibach sportlines from German eBay for £112 posted on Christmas offer as i had to lose the hovercraft look lol
then i bought a battery box from dave a sere and black coolant and washer caps from awesome to go with my neuspeed carbon engine cover and team heko front wind deflectors

now i am looking at stage 2+ so bought a intercooler off German eBay same as the china coolers but decided to buy in Europe as to avoid import fees and long postage received in 3 days!

then removed the parrot hands free kit that was in the car when i bought it but we didn't get on lol slight crease and mark left but looks alot better so much wiring for it couldn't believe it

had all the brake discs and pads changed in march along with a new dmf + sach organic clutch for when i eventually go stage 2+ :whistle: it was then followed by a non res milltek catback which sounds amazing on boost cant wait for the downpipe :thumbup:

then this week at work i bit the bullet and had my front bumper resprayed as it was heavily stone chipped

forgot to take a after picture but now the "cupra" badge is gone from the bumper and the three nostrils in middle of bumper are gloss black and the number plate mount is gloss black looks so much better in my opinion.

cheers for reading guys more to come soon [B)]

cheers guys :thumbup:

Last edited:

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
How much did you pay for the bumper respray? I've been thinking about getting mine done.

Nice looking car you've got there mate :)

hey dude hmm well got a good price at work it was £110 all in basically cost price with reduced price labor rates the bumper was stripped right down so all the plastic welds where taken off to get the bumper skin off which was a ball ache so i was told lol but i did get a quote from some local garages all between £300-£380 :funk: so got a bargain in my eyes will get a picture up tonight of outcome

thanks for reading mate lots more to come :thumbup:

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
triple r composite front splitter :p must of been unlucky because most of the edges are white and 2 scuffs on the passenger corner :cry: will be getting this painted before i fit it along with a cupra r spoiler i am picking up in the week

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
hey guys little bit of update :D got the front splitter and rear spoiler being painted next week and bought a revo/eurojet engine mount kit and a powerflex anti lift kit and front wishbone bushes then whilst i was at it got some H&R anti roll bars. Will get some pictures up of car soon needs a wash :whistle:

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
my white 2011 mk2 leon cupra

hey guys just had the revo engine mounts fitted along with the powerflex anti lift kit and front wishbone bushes and can safely say its different lol gonna take some getting use to also these showed up

went for the 28mm front and 24mm rear

here is a quick photo of the front bumper after the respray

holes are drilled ready for the splitter but started to rain when i tried to fit so a job for the weekend along with a wheel alignment

also now have all the right parts up to gather for the intercooler so that along with the anti roll bars is next on the list and i am not sure weather to buy a loba pump or just get the autotech internals :shrug: cheers guys :thumbup:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Looks good mate. My front end is chipped to hell, stands out loads too due it being a black car.

Did the splitter come damaged? I'd send it back to Triple R if so.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
If your still looking for track tyres price some D-Mack rally tyres, I think I was quoted £300 for 4 ,was recommended hard for the front and soft on the rear,

There used in Motorsport and road legal.

Hmm stone chips are a PIA, chipped my bonnet lip quite badly last time out at croft

Edit: forgive my stupidness but is that a facelift bumper on a pre facelift car?

Last edited:

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
cheers guys yeah the splitter is abit damaged but only minor marks on the gel coat which i think is from the removal when dry? didn't bother painting it in the end as i think money could be spent else where as its fiberglass and will chip easy

cheers for the heads up on the tyres will have a look :thumbup:

its a facelift car dude ;)

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
cheers guys yeah the splitter is abit damaged but only minor marks on the gel coat which i think is from the removal when dry? didn't bother painting it in the end as i think money could be spent else where as its fiberglass and will chip easy

cheers for the heads up on the tyres will have a look :thumbup:

its a facelift car dude ;)

Forgive my stupidness my man , was the rear lights that put me off .

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
been a while guys but have been gathering a collection of parts and not fitting them lol also have been having trouble with the sachs clutch only done 5k on it and think its on its way out the clutch bite point and weight has drastically changed and it feels like its sometimes sticking higher up the rev range and gear changes feel off not as direct so been looking into fixing this but no idea where to start?

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
hello guys thought its time for a update, as some of you may of seen i did have the car up for sale but in the last 5 days i have had a change of heart and fallen in love with it again after being let down with viewings and stupid offers :censored: so i am thinking its time to get some of these bits fitted and enjoy it as i had planned originally plus more :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members