WHITE SMOKE

Oct 8, 2021
could anyone help me please my seat leon fr 2.0 diesel has white smoke coming out of the exhaust only on full acceleration if i go quarter there's still smoke but hardly anything there's no sign of head gasket failure all liquid levels are where there suppose to be i do have a broken exhaust centre pipe iv had carbon clean that reduced the smoke but didn't get rid of it i also have no boost and when i had the car scanned i have a couple code most relating to it been 57 plate but 2 codes that do stand out is are particulate trap bank 1 and turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit (my mechanic said that could be the actuator) but on phone to a company about getting my turbo rebuilt said its very very rare actuators go (his words was hes been rebuilding turbos for 20+ years and never came across a faulty actuator) so could anyone shine a light for me i have already done oil/filter change thanks in advance

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
@farleys01

Is your car a Mk2 or Mk3? Slightly different engine configurations and 2007 was about the time it switched from PD to CR engine I recall. If Mk2, might want to post on that forum too.

I would say that like the OP you are passing oil, most likely from the turbo or past the pistons, that will also be collecting in the DPF. What is the oil consumption like?

Other quick checks would be to ensure that all of the boost pipes are correctly attached, no leaks. Then N75 solenoid.

You have had the DPF carbon cleaned, but haven’t eradicated the root cause of the problem so will just be accumulating more oily soot in the DPF.

Oct 8, 2021
@farleys01

Is your car a Mk2 or Mk3? Slightly different engine configurations and 2007 was about the time it switched from PD to CR engine I recall. If Mk2, might want to post on that forum too.

I would say that like the OP you are passing oil, most likely from the turbo or past the pistons, that will also be collecting in the DPF. What is the oil consumption like?

Other quick checks would be to ensure that all of the boost pipes are correctly attached, no leaks. Then N75 solenoid.

You have had the DPF carbon cleaned, but haven’t eradicated the root cause of the problem so will just be accumulating more oily soot in the DPF.
sorry its a mk2 1p and i dont loose oil or anything all liquid levels are perfect and stayed that way since i bought the car checked old oil for anything other than oil when i drained it all out for the oil change and its just oil nothing else no metal shavings nothing the oil was just full on black but the oil filter was so badly backed up with carbon hence what made me get a carbon clean the engain its self feels strong no nocks or unusual sounds just no boost but you can hear the turbo spooling