MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Yep I was told approx 3 months when I placed the order. Now Seat are saying it’s 24 weeks.

I think they are saying 24 weeks now so they don’t have to compensate me for having to wait 8 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: williamxb

Brwse

Sep 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Took delivery today. Amazing car!
541A4A9B-1240-4646-BB5F-675735F8DDDF.jpeg

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Thought I’d pop in to check on you all. Hope you guys are having some success.

just to get you all excited, the exhaust is alive and well, plenty of noise on the overrun or downshift. Had one loud unintentional pop whilst in town when shifting down to second. Scared the old biddies at the bus stop but hasn’t had anything like that since.
As for your DSG farts, it’s not as noisy or as raspy like the older cars but under heavy acceleration and using manual gears, shifting up definitely makes a deep booming noise.
How is the exhaust not in Manuel mode ?

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
It's a MY20, no real DSG farts as yet, I don't want a super loud car so the noise is fine for that. It's quiet compared to the Focus but that had a deresonated Miltek cat back on it. It's understated, but that's fine for me.

I'm not looking for anything too loud either, although I'm partial to sound of stock Golf R...

Would love to hear what sounds like if you got time to share a video or two..most videos on YouTube are of the pre-WLTP models or the Cupra R ST - or with aftermarket exhaust.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I'm not looking for anything too loud either, although I'm partial to sound of stock Golf R...

Would love to hear what sounds like if you got time to share a video or two..most videos on YouTube are of the pre-WLTP models or the Cupra R ST - or with aftermarket exhaust.
Yes I agree,I just want more videos and pictures lol of any kind

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Lux or standard ? How is the exhaust
You used to be able to tell in a photo like this as you'd have the headlight washers by the headlights that gave away it was a Lux. Now it's impossible to tell as only the top of the seats give it away which usually can't be seen from outside.
There are videos of the WLTP exhaust with and without Res delete on YouTube. A number of people in this forum have made videos of their exhaust. Pretty sure there is an entire thread dedicated to the WLTP exhaust sound.

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
You used to be able to tell in a photo like this as you'd have the headlight washers by the headlights that gave away it was a Lux. Now it's impossible to tell as only the top of the seats give it away which usually can't be seen from outside.
There are videos of the WLTP exhaust with and without Res delete on YouTube. A number of people in this forum have made videos of their exhaust. Pretty sure there is an entire thread dedicated to the WLTP exhaust sound.

There's no centre Res delete option on WLTP models...only rear...at least on ST's.

I'm looking for stock WLTP (OPF/GPF variant) Cupra ST exhaust footage...only a couple videos on YouTube.

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
A miracle seems to have happened, my car (according to Seat) has actually made it to the suppliers in Leeds. I'm sure I will have to wait another 4 months for the PDI and delivery, but a step forward at last! :thumbup:
I’ve just been told mine is officially in stock and I can phone and ask to speak to the delivery team. So that was 10 days from arrival at dealer, hopefully you can beat that time.

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
I’ve just been told mine is officially in stock and I can phone and ask to speak to the delivery team. So that was 10 days from arrival at dealer, hopefully you can beat that time.
Excellent, another step forward for you! I am hoping that I will actually get mine sometime week of the 25th, that should hopefully give them plenty of time. We shall see.....!

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
One step forward 2 steps back.

The step forward:
So my Twitter rant yesterday got Seat to almost apologise for the delays and that they would ask my claims manager to call me to discuss a gesture of goodwill. This I thought was progress although they are now saying I might get the car end of December at the earliest (let’s not forget it was built 4 weeks ago!!)

The 2 steps back:
My claims manager has today emailed me saying no gesture of goodwill is due as they are within the 24 week delivery time frame. Even though they will not tell me why my order has a 24 week delivery time frame.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
One step forward 2 steps back.

The step forward:
So my Twitter rant yesterday got Seat to almost apologise for the delays and that they would ask my claims manager to call me to discuss a gesture of goodwill. This I thought was progress although they are now saying I might get the car end of December at the earliest (let’s not forget it was built 4 weeks ago!!)

The 2 steps back:
My claims manager has today emailed me saying no gesture of goodwill is due as they are within the 24 week delivery time frame. Even though they will not tell me why my order has a 24 week delivery time frame.

That is crazy, it must have been the supplier who somehow told Seat you wanted a 24 week delivery time? A fat finger when they did the order maybe? Madness that the car has been built and is just sat there.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
There's no centre Res delete option on WLTP models...only rear...at least on ST's.

I'm looking for stock WLTP (OPF/GPF variant) Cupra ST exhaust footage...only a couple videos on YouTube.
I was talking about hatchback. You can res delete that no problem. The ST was always quiet anyway, before WLTP was introduced, so that must be mega quiet now.

Betts is getting a hatchback.

Reactions: Betts-4