MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Jsc

We'll this time next week I will have finalised my spec and placed the order.

Thought it might be nice for cupra owners in waiting to let us know what they have ordered, maybe some pics when they arrive :D

Mar 13, 2011
We'll this time next week I will have finalised my spec and placed the order.

Thought it might be nice for cupra owners in waiting to let us know what they have ordered, maybe some pics when they arrive :D

Me!

Well, it's the Mrs car really, but she won't get a look in.

Jsc

What options did you go for? Deciding on the colour has slowed the process a little for us....

Mar 13, 2011
What options did you go for? Deciding on the colour has slowed the process a little for us....

5 Door (Boo..., really want an SC but have kids)
Emocion Red
Manual
Adaptive Cruise
Driver Assist Pack
Safety Pack
Seat Sound / Space saver

Wasn't going to bother with the safety pack, but it was so cheap I thought might as well have it.

Jsc

Yeah we will be 5 door too, same reason.

Currently looking like

Monsoon grey
Seat sound pack
Rear airbags
Leather pack

shhhhh

Me.

LC280 5dr (just because I like the look more than the SC although it's nice to have the practicality, I suppose)
Phantom Black for ultra stealth
Seat Sound Pack

Didn't really want the other options. Lane assist is annoying because I know how to change lanes thanks, and little point in any other options. I also don't like leather seats so it was the cheaper interior for me - happy days :)

Mar 13, 2011
Lucky! I still have over a month until I get mine :(

Wow, that's really quick! Or did you order a while ago? I wanted to test drive one before ordering so had to wait until a local dealer got one in. Don't think I'd fancy ordering any car blind, even with the positive reviews.

Not happy about the lead time, but it is a bit too early to be expecting dealer stock cars to be available. I'll just have to camp on here hoping you lot with early orders post lots of pics and info while (impatiently) waiting for ours to materialise.

shhhhh

Wow, that's really quick! Or did you order a while ago? I wanted to test drive one before ordering so had to wait until a local dealer got one in. Don't think I'd fancy ordering any car blind, even with the positive reviews.

Not happy about the lead time, but it is a bit too early to be expecting dealer stock cars to be available. I'll just have to camp on here hoping you lot with early orders post lots of pics and info while (impatiently) waiting for ours to materialise.

I ordered on the 10th Feb... I asked for a test drive after I ordered to make sure I wasn't going to be disappointed when it turned up, but I'm a huge Leon fan and I know the new FR is nice, so I wasn't worried about ordering it early. Had the test drive last weekend and loved it so all is well. Mine was build week 11 (and I got an update saying it was in the factory being built on Thursday of week 11. For some reason it's taken longer than anticipated (no idea why yet) and it's still in the factory. Consequently, I've got to wait until late April to early May now (was expected mid April before that) :(

I can only assume somebody dropped the engine on the chassis or something lol! As for your comment about lead times, this is not that bad tbh. If you ordered a BMW i3 or certain Audi models the lead times can be as bad as November/December (8 months - shocking).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 13, 2011
I ordered on the 10th Feb... I asked for a test drive after I ordered to make sure I wasn't going to be disappointed when it turned up, but I'm a huge Leon fan and I know the new FR is nice, so I wasn't worried about ordering it early. Had the test drive last weekend and loved it so all is well. Mine was build week 11 (and I got an update saying it was in the factory being built on Thursday of week 11. For some reason it's taken longer than anticipated (no idea why yet) and it's still in the factory. Consequently, I've got to wait until late April to early May now (was expected mid April before that) :(

I can only assume somebody dropped the engine on the chassis or something lol! As for your comment about lead times, this is not that bad tbh. If you ordered a BMW i3 or certain Audi models the lead times can be as bad as November/December (8 months - shocking).

Ah, got you. Bit late if you test drove it and thought it was crap

I was undecided until I drove one and had a few cars on radar, but the (spec for spec) £10k difference in price for an S3 swung it for me. Last time around there were a lot of dealer stock cars to choose from when we were looking. Easy to find one close to our requirements and took delivery 7 days from buying it. Bit different this time around as it is a newly released car. Waiting is good for the soul though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Went for a look at the New Leon yesterday went for a Pee and the Mrs had one ordered a CUPRA 280SC in Emocian Red with DSG. Says she may give me a lift now and again LOL.

Last edited:

phil_____

I was intending to order a Cupra 280 in black. Had it all specced up and ready to go. However, the local dealer said that demand was so high that he wasn't going to budge on price. I was also looking at a Golf R, S3 and M135i. In the end I've got a deposit down on a Golf R. £4K off list, so the difference between that and the Cupra was only £3K and the R is much better specced. I could have probably hunted for a better price on the Cupra, but this deal was one I couldn't pass on.

No brainer really. The Cupra's a great car and I'd be happy owning one, but I'm going back to VW. I traded my old Polo in for my current Ibiza FR ten years ago.

Mar 13, 2011
I was intending to order a Cupra 280 in black. Had it all specced up and ready to go. However, the local dealer said that demand was so high that he wasn't going to budge on price. I was also looking at a Golf R, S3 and M135i. In the end I've got a deposit down on a Golf R. £4K off list, so the difference between that and the Cupra was only £3K and the R is much better specced. I could have probably hunted for a better price on the Cupra, but this deal was one I couldn't pass on.

No brainer really. The Cupra's a great car and I'd be happy owning one, but I'm going back to VW. I traded my old Polo in for my current Ibiza FR ten years ago.

Well, congratulations on the order and I am sure the Golf will be a great car to own.

Have to disagree on the price differential though as it is clear discounts are possible on the Cupra too (quite a few on here have bought well under list). Like everyone else who is / was looking at the Cupra I also considered the S3, didn't really consider the Golf R as the styling doesn't do much for me. Anyway, I did a little experiment and spec'd a Golf R and an Audi S3 as close as possible to the spec I have ordered taking into account there are things standard on Seat which are cost extras on the other two and vice versa (I think the adaptive cruise is standard on the VW). It isn't 100% accurate as you can't spec 19" wheels on the Audi and you can't spec LED lights on the VW, both standard on the Seat.

So, solid colour manual cars with active dampers, adaptive cruise and the most basic satnav & manufacturers sound upgrade (matching my spec as closely as possible) list prices :-

Cupra £28,495
Golf R £34,325
Audi S3 £36,690

Note, Golf would have been dearer if LED headlights available.

The Golf and Audi are more powerful and part time 4WD, but the Cupra is significantly cheaper and available with 0% finance. For those who don't like PCP the 0% is a big draw against, I think, 6.3% PCP on Golf. Assuming similar discounts across all three (the Audi attracted the least discount when I was getting carwow quotes) the Cupra is still an attractive option in my opinion. The only thing it lacks is the Haldex.

However, the above should be taken in context as everyone has different priorities when buying cars. I am happy with my choice :D

Last edited:

Jsc

Really interesting comparison, i think many on here will have looked at a very similar list.

Similar position myself, i all ready to go with the order just not quite convinced the mrs yet.

I know it isnt exactly like for like but also on our list is the octavia VRS, down on power etc but for a family with 2 young kids the MASSIVE boot is a huge plus point....

Interestingly the mrs thought the interior of the leon felt cheap compared to the skoda too, i agree compared to the audi, but hey what doesnt, but i was surprised that was her view against the VRS

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
Just placed my order through dtd. nevada white /seat sound. the guy from dtd also said the dealer was only 5o miles away which will be a big bonus just waiting for contact from the dealer now.

nbullus

I priced up the Cupra 280 DSG with options totalling £30,050 and my dealer offered me this for £26,700 so there is definately savings to be had if you look around. I was 50/50 on the Cupra or the FR.

In the end I didn't feel like the extra money of the Cupra over a well specified FR (£22000) was justified in my case so opted for the FR instead. That's not to say I wouldn't consider one in the future as it was soooooooooooo fast to drive.

In fact my dealer hasn't sold a single Cupra 280 yet and he put this down to the current Tech pack promotion (free on the FR). This pack is standard on the Cupra and built into the price. If they could lower the Cupra 280 RRP by the cost of the free Tech pack (whilst the promotion was running) they may have sold some by now.

Also the dealer stupidly confirming the rumours of a 300BHP 4WD Cupra R nailed the coffin shut for me as I want to wait and see what comes out further down the line.

I also considered the Octavia VRs and it is very, very nice inside - no arguments there. My Skoda dealer still hasn't had a saloon version of the VRS demo car in yet since it's release and the nearly new Saloon maket was non-existent. You can buy an estate without any problems but trying to find an ex-demo or nearly new saloon model was like to trying find a Mr Whippy van in the Sahara dessert.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Also the dealer stupidly confirming the rumours of a 300BHP 4WD Cupra R nailed the coffin shut for me as I want to wait and see what comes out further down the line.

I think he's just repeating rumours he has heard, as far as I know (and that's not a lot in fairness) nobody knows anything about a Cupra R other than Seat themselves.

If you go by what has happened before then chances are there will more than likely be an R, but probably not for another 18 months or so.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.