MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
Ordered a standard MY2020 Mystery Blue through Nationwide on the 10th of October - I've had two emails since saying the estimated build week is this week (11/11/2019) with an estimated delivery mid December, which seemed believable... Then I found this forum :doh:
I ordered the lux mystery blue and mine will be about 17/1/20

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
Hi All,

Been following this forum since September. Ordered a Cupra lux with sunroof in mag grey on 19th July. Order confirmed 14th August with unconfirmed build week of BW41. Following an update from my dealer in September my BW changed from 41 to 4!!! Which is when I found this forum.

Current situation, recieved a call from SEAT yesterday with a confirmed build week of the week commencing 25th November. Was even offered a goodwill gesture! But why is it so hard to get a car! Some what reassuring knowing I'm not the only one.

Only just made an account to see the beauty that is your guys delivered cupras hahaha

andrew.scopes

Sep 14, 2019
I had an update today saying car is in transit and would be at the dealers early December. Surely it can get there quicker than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I daren't check the status of my order. Ordered end of september and was told BW 45 (last week). Hmm maybe should check with my seller anyway. :)

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Hi All,

Been following this forum since September. Ordered a Cupra lux with sunroof in mag grey on 19th July. Order confirmed 14th August with unconfirmed build week of BW41. Following an update from my dealer in September my BW changed from 41 to 4!!! Which is when I found this forum.

Current situation, recieved a call from SEAT yesterday with a confirmed build week of the week commencing 25th November. Was even offered a goodwill gesture! But why is it so hard to get a car! Some what reassuring knowing I'm not the only one.

Only just made an account to see the beauty that is your guys delivered cupras hahaha
I have been chasing Seat on twitter today, they are going to sort out a gesture of goodwill "when" I get the car. I would prefer their gesture to be getting me my f-ing car, but I guess that is asking too much.

Reactions: GordonMcC
Oct 31, 2019
I have been chasing Seat on twitter today, they are going to sort out a gesture of goodwill "when" I get the car. I would prefer their gesture to be getting me my f-ing car, but I guess that is asking too much.
Any idea what this gesture of goodwill includes

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Nope, probably a Seat air freshener! I think it was someone on here that had got a free service as a goodwill gesture, so hopefully it will be similar, but until I get my car I don't know!

At least you e been offered a gesture of goodwill. They’re still refusing me one!!

I wonder if I need to berate them on Twitter like you?!

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
At least you e been offered a gesture of goodwill. They’re still refusing me one!!

I wonder if I need to berate them on Twitter like you?!

You should definitely tweet them, companies do not like the bad publicity that Twitter can generate, and a case like yours is a pretty embarrassing fail for them on all fronts. #dontbuyaseat, there are probably enough fed up people on this forum to get that trending!

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
You should definitely tweet them, companies do not like the bad publicity that Twitter can generate, and a case like yours is a pretty embarrassing fail for them on all fronts. #dontbuyaseat, there are probably enough fed up people on this forum to get that trending!

Done #dontbuyaseat

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Well Nationwide just updated my day at dealer from 22/11 to today 11/11, bit rich seeing as it actually arrived on the 4/11 but hopefully it means the PDI has been done and it’s ready for delivery. Now just waiting for a phone call.
2 days later, still no phone call. Serves me right for getting excited. Not sure I have the energy to phone Nationwide.

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
C
Can’t believe yours is still in Grimsby, hope they stick it on a transporter soon. Then you can join me on waiting at the dealer :cry:

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
C

Can’t believe yours is still in Grimsby, hope they stick it on a transporter soon. Then you can join me on waiting at the dealer :cry:
Ha, yeah tell me about it, nearly a month in Grimsby now, nobody deserves that. :eek: When/if it finally moves I know it's going to be another wait whilst JCT600 do their checks, and then organise a delivery. It's like pulling teeth, except slower and more expensive.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Thought I’d pop in to check on you all. Hope you guys are having some success.

just to get you all excited, the exhaust is alive and well, plenty of noise on the overrun or downshift. Had one loud unintentional pop whilst in town when shifting down to second. Scared the old biddies at the bus stop but hasn’t had anything like that since.
As for your DSG farts, it’s not as noisy or as raspy like the older cars but under heavy acceleration and using manual gears, shifting up definitely makes a deep booming noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: mildmanneredjon

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Thought I’d pop in to check on you all. Hope you guys are having some success.

just to get you all excited, the exhaust is alive and well, plenty of noise on the overrun or downshift. Had one loud unintentional pop whilst in town when shifting down to second. Scared the old biddies at the bus stop but hasn’t had anything like that since.
As for your DSG farts, it’s not as noisy or as raspy like the older cars but under heavy acceleration and using manual gears, shifting up definitely makes a deep booming noise.
You missed the most important detail. It's ability to put a smile on your face with complete ease.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
You missed the most important detail. It's ability to put a smile on your face with complete ease.

very true and even more when you think you’re only paying £250 for this entertainment, sh*ts all over Alton towers

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Even ranting through Twitter has had zero effect. This is their response, all of which I already know and they’ve not answered my questions. God knows where the 24 week lead time came from. That’s a new one. Honestly I don’t know what else to do?

Thank you for your SLI number. We have had a look into this and can see your vehicle is currently in Transit from Factory. We can see your vehicle was ordered on 11/06/2019 and was accepted by Factory on 11/07/19 with a lead time of 24 weeks. Your Leon Estate should be arriving at DM Keith SEAT for end December. ^Sf

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members