MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Hey Denno,

Recognise the user name from .org when i was on there a few years ago and used to sort the peak district runs - you had a black stage4 from memory? Hope your well!

I'm in a Honda'd Exige at the moment so still flying the flag for alloy and plastic :cheers:
Hi mate yes i
Hey Denno,

Recognise the user name from .org when i was on there a few years ago and used to sort the peak district runs - you had a black stage4 from memory? Hope your well!

I'm in a Honda'd Exige at the moment so still flying the flag for alloy and plastic :cheers:
Hi mate, really goods thanks, yes your memory serves you well it is a black stage 4 car. I keep looking at toys to replace it with but nothing comes close for the bang per buck it gives. Bet the Honda Exige goes well! Very rare cars!
Do you have a Cupra as a daily then?

Nov 28, 2019
Hi mate, really goods thanks, yes your memory serves you well it is a black stage 4 car. I keep looking at toys to replace it with but nothing comes close for the bang per buck it gives. Bet the Honda Exige goes well! Very rare cars!
Do you have a Cupra as a daily then?

Yeah the VXs are still mega value and good ones are only getting rarer. Haha it does rather, charge cooled / supercharger setup on it also so it’s quite exciting! :drive1:

Got a ST300 on lease order for the other half but I’ve since developed a massive hard on for the new Yaris GR4 so might get her one of those and use the Cupra as my daily... if it ever turns up!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Well, new update and the car is built and in transit, due to drop at Grimsby. Still hoping it can be sorted for the first week of March, as then it'll let me take my soon to be 'fun' car off the road and get it serviced and tidied up with no inconvenience.
My dealer kept mine from May until July as I was out of the country. I don't see a week being an issue. I didn't pay for the car until July nor was it registered until a week before delivery.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
My dealer kept mine from May until July as I was out of the country. I don't see a week being an issue. I didn't pay for the car until July nor was it registered until a week before delivery.

No issue with taking the car as soon as I can, its just my insurance renewal is in the first week of March on the current car, so allowing that to lapse isnt ideal if the new car isn't delivered by then. I'm happy to let it lapse and take it off road for a few weeks to tidy it up but hoping I have the Leon by that point.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Just sorted my insurance for £10 extra from the FR but only have a month left

they quoted me about £300 for year which I thought was good

can’t get accurate quotes as the reg dosent populaate the car and I know by doing it Manuel seems to push up prices

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
Any tips on what to do for insurance? Insurance for my own car which I will sell when the cupra arrives expires on the 27th of this month. Cupra eta to the dealers is the 24th so there's no way they'll get the car to Aberdeen before then!

Temp insurance is sky high so not sure what to do exactly. My only thoughts are to insure the golf without using no claims and then cancel within the 14 day cooling off period after I sell it when the cupra arrives but with the amount of delays I've already had, not sure if this is a bit risky! Any advice would be appreciated!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Temp insurance is sky high so not sure what to do exactly. My only thoughts are to insure the golf without using no claims and then cancel within the 14 day cooling off period after I sell it when the cupra arrives but with the amount of delays I've already had, not sure if this is a bit risky! Any advice would be appreciated!

A tricky one. Also, check the policy wording. My policy stated I couldn't claim within the first 7 days of the policy starting.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Any tips on what to do for insurance? Insurance for my own car which I will sell when the cupra arrives expires on the 27th of this month. Cupra eta to the dealers is the 24th so there's no way they'll get the car to Aberdeen before then!

why would you not insure your current car and then when you get the Cupra swap the insurance over ?

bit Confused what your asking

You can also suspend insurance which I just did because I sold my car but rather than cancel I waited 14days then got my cupra reg and are reinstating it for delivery day.

got £20 refund and same insurance policy

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back and they could go through the options with you.
Regards,
Dan.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
1 week until the new Cupra is revealed. Sneak preview makes it look a load better than the standard MK4. If they launch a 300+ bhp version I'll be tempted to switch.

Reactions: Loxy

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
why would you not insure your current car and then when you get the Cupra swap the insurance over ?

bit Confused what your asking

I'll have 2 cars on the drive, albeit fairly briefly until I sell my golf hence I can't just swap over as it'll leave the other car uninsured.

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back and they could go through the options with you.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, much appreciated. Pm on its way

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well, looking at the latest sailing schedules it looks like there's soon to be 3 ships running between Barcelona and the UK with the Comet due Sunday, Pegasus Tuesday and Aquarius Tuesday the week after. Imagine they may have excess stock to move, plus potentially beginning to ship the new Leon to the dealer network?

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Hi.
Regards,
Dan.
Good idea Dan. I've already got my TVR insured with you so will give a call when my Cupra lands at the dealer.......

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Could be with you there. It will need to look a lot better than the Std Mk4 Leon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With them moving to their 'own' branding with Cupra from this generation, I'd imagine it's going to be a lot more visually different than the MK3 FR to Cupra models

Reactions: Maypack

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Yet another ship comes into the mix.....
According to Seat UK mine is on the Marguerite Ace, currently heading for Amsterdam, then Teesport (18/19th) then on to Sheerness (20/21st).
Time will tell!!

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Sochaux

Jan 28, 2018
I had an email from Seat on 20/01 stating my car would be at the dealership within 4 weeks. I’ve spoke to them today and my vehicle hasn’t been allocated a ship yet.. absolutely useless.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.