MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Yet another ship comes into the mix.....
According to Seat UK mine is on the Marguerite Ace, currently heading for Amsterdam, then Teesport (18/19th) then on to Sheerness (20/21st).
Time will tell!!

So potentially 4 ships running the Barcelona-North Europe routes soon, they must have some volume of cars ready to ship if that's the case!

Scratch that, the Marguerite looks to be off to Africa after Sheerness.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
As the Marguerite has a car capacity of over 6,000 (whereas the others can only take around 3,000 each) there may be a load of Seats landing in UK next week.
I can only guess that it's too big to get into Tyne and hence has to land at Teesport.....

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Glad you're finally getting it sorted. I couldn't have waited this long do don't regret my decision not to wait but doesn't stop me having twinges of jealousy! :)
Yer thing is I had access to second car and it’s such good deal for the car and I loved my FR so made sense to wait

annoying I never had it for Xmas as had a lot of driving to do but I’m off to Manchester in April so be a nice run

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yer thing is I had access to second car and it’s such good deal for the car and I loved my FR so made sense to wait

annoying I never had it for Xmas as had a lot of driving to do but I’m off to Manchester in April so be a nice run
You've got to be one of the longest waiting in here. You ordered just 4 months after me and got your car 10 months later. A delay of 6 months is impressive!

Reactions: Betts-4

JWhitton1

Feb 16, 2020
Hi all, first post on here.
I have just ordered the Cupra ST300 after having owned a 2016 FR 184 for the past few years. The dealer has said I am looking at around 3/4 weeks for delivery but having read a lot of the comments on here it seems to be months.

Any hints on what difference I should expect apart from spending a lot more on fuel?

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
I have just ordered the Cupra ST300 after having owned a 2016 FR 184 for the past few years. The dealer has said I am looking at around 3/4 weeks for delivery but having read a lot of the comments on here it seems to be months.

Any hints on what difference I should expect apart from spending a lot more on fuel?
....it's a little bit quicker.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019

They must be expecting stock in to quite that. Unless they’re lying to you.

Expect it to return 20mpg and amaze other road users as you plant it off the line in the rain, for it to put its power down with no fuss whenever you want it.

Oh, and buy and use a Disklock, religiously and park behind locked gates.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

You'll probably be getting one that's already been ordered. I doubt SEAT are taking new orders now the new car has been revealed and is in production.

You will also feel a sense of smugness knowing that your car is a better driver's car in every way everytime you see an FR (Which is a lot as every man and his dog seems to own one!). It rides better than the FR yet handles better thanks to the DCC and limited slip diff.

Last edited:

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
Has anyone had any updates? Was told a few weeks back should be with the dealers by 24th Feb.

Confirmed it's built but not on a ship yet. Assuming it's delayed a bit with the weather. :sleepy:

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
I'd imagine if its not on a ship yet, itll either be going on one today or the next one arrives in Barcelona in a couple of days. They seem to have increased capacity to 3 ships running the route, so any shipping backlog should soon be cleared, plus they had a one-off run with a fourth ship that has near double the capacity of the standard ones.

I'm in the same boat too, confirmed the vehicle was built in week 6 but waiting for transport to Grimsby now.

Reactions: dilson88

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I only found out that mine is on the Marguerite Ace after calling Seat UK cust svcs. Very helpful lass - gave her vin number and told me what ship and due offload in Sheerness on the 20th..... I suspect a lot of ours will be on the same ship.
Mine was built (I think) week 5.
Marguerite is going to Teesport (18/19th) then to Sheerness. It's currently in Antwerp and on schedule.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well the Comet arrived in Barcelona late last night and the Aquarius is due tomorrow evening, so I'd hope my motor is going to be on one of them. Certainly won't be on the Marguerite as it isn't docking at Grimsby.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Well the Comet arrived in Barcelona late last night and the Aquarius is due tomorrow evening, so I'd hope my motor is going to be on one of them. Certainly won't be on the Marguerite as it isn't docking at Grimsby.
It could be!! We all know how good Seat 'organisation' is!
None of th regular ships dock at Teesport... Can only assume that the Marguerite is too big to get into Tyne or Grimsby.
Timewise yours could easily be sitting alongside mine!

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
Since ordering my car on 19th July and 29 weeks later it turning up at the dealers last Monday.
I couldn't resist and went to go see it on Saturday, and even though the weather was crap and it still had its packaging on. It's a thing of beauty! And I'm tempted to even say the wait was worth it even without driving it hahaha. March cannot come sooner! :bounce:

Reactions: Tivver500
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.