MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

SulCupra

Mar 1, 2020
I phoned them couple of weeks ago and they said they would phone me once delivery is arranged. Zen were very good to order through but communication has been quite poor since.

Mine is in North Wales too. I phoned up and they sorted delivery out on the phone, contacted me the next day to confirm it and it’s booked for this Thursday. I’d give them a call.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Mine is in North Wales too. I phoned up and they sorted delivery out on the phone, contacted me the next day to confirm it and it’s booked for this Thursday. I’d give them a call.
I phoned again and was just told I was on the priority list with the dealer and they would be in touch at some point to arrange delivery. Pretty much what was said a couple of weeks ago so doesn’t really fill me with confidence! I Asked for the registration and they said they would give me that when they’ve allocated me car.

Nov 28, 2019
Wonder if there are further restrictions with it being in Wales rather than England?

I'd imagine they are pretty limited in what they can do unless the dealer has communicated delivery slots and its confirmed.

Once it was Zen (I was dealing with Hannah) were great in finalising.

Ill change my tune if it doesnt arrive tomorrow as planned though :happy:

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
That was my fear that restrictions may apply with dealership being in North Wales. However it does appear that they are delivering. To be fair I’m sure most Dealerships have backlogs to get through and prioritising customers on initial order dates I guess. I ordered on the 21st November.

SulCupra

Mar 1, 2020
Yep I thought there would be issues with delivery because it’s wales but I was told they could start offering delivery on vehicles from the 26th. My slots confirmed so I’ll be annoyed if it doesn’t turn up on Thursday!

Nov 28, 2019
Well its here - quite pleased with the Silver having not seen one in the flesh.

Will take it for a run out later and see how it goes :cheeky:

Attachments

• Leon.jpg
    Leon.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 146

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Looks nice, I’ve gone silver all be it the hatch version. Was it driven or on a flat bed?

Nov 28, 2019
Looks nice, I’ve gone silver all be it the hatch version. Was it driven or on a flat bed?
Flat bed - 9 miles on the clock.

Just nipped out for lunch in it so now done 22

Immediate thoughts

- Very impressed with the ride especially considering the profile on the tyres.
- Seating position isn't amazing need to be able to drop it another couple of inches
- Wing mirrors appear to have a really narrow FOV
- Stock paddles are fine - dont need extensions
- Not sure why it wants to pretend to be a Subaru in Cupra mode
- Zero steering feel but positive enough front end and bags of grip
- Engine is strong but has minimal character

Sounds pessimistic but absolutely nothing i wasn't expecting - at the end of the day its a cooking family hatch/estate with a moderately fruity engine. For what were paying I'm confident it will be an excellent addition for schralping round with bikes and shopping in the boot :clap:

SulCupra

Mar 1, 2020
So she’s arrived. Very impressed so far. What are we doing in terms of the run in (if anything at all) ?

Nov 28, 2019
Its a mass produced fairly under-stressed low rpm lump without a specified running in service - not a race engine.

I'm just driving my as i see fit (obviously once its warm).

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
So she’s arrived. Very impressed so far. What are we doing in terms of the run in (if anything at all) ?
I just did what the manual said to do. There's a specific section about running it in. Most ignore it but if the manufacturer felt the need to put in the manual then I'm guessing it's there for a reason.

Not sure if this is why I never suffered coolant or oil loss issues like some other owners.

Oct 7, 2019
Is there no rear camera ?
Also when you put the gear shift into S mode is it just the DSG or does it do the same as when you go into the touchscreen and select sport ?

Oct 7, 2019
I just did what the manual said to do. There's a specific section about running it in. Most ignore it but if the manufacturer felt the need to put in the manual then I'm guessing it's there for a reason.

Not sure if this is why I never suffered coolant or oil loss issues like some other owners.

Does it change gear at a higher rev when run in ? When in sport mode it’ll change at 3500rpm. It’s got 300 miles on it.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Does it change gear at a higher rev when run in ? When in sport mode it’ll change at 3500rpm. It’s got 300 miles on it.
Is your oil up to temp when this happens? I don't think the car knows it's not run in and you can rag it from mile 1 if the engine is warmed up. I may be wrong as I never tried to give it some beans in the first 600miles or so.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Is there no rear camera ?
Also when you put the gear shift into S mode is it just the DSG or does it do the same as when you go into the touchscreen and select sport ?
There's no rear camera. I think it's just the DSG that goes to sport when you pull the stick down, I don't think it changes the suspension, diff, steering settings etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise