MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Minibbullet

Apr 24, 2020
Midlands
Hi Guys,

New to forum so hello. Ordered a 290 Lux in Silver way back in January before all this crazy madness. Car finally built end of June and arrived at the dealership in hull end of July. So after waiting all these months which hasn’t been an issue with everything going on ! I found out 3 weeks ago my job is now in danger ?‍♂️ Ffs so now I’m waiting to hear on this and Nationwide are giving me a bit of time to make a decision on the car , depending on the outcome of my job . Fingers crossed hay.

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
Hi Guys,

New to forum so hello. Ordered a 290 Lux in Silver way back in January before all this crazy madness. Car finally built end of June and arrived at the dealership in hull end of July. So after waiting all these months which hasn’t been an issue with everything going on ! I found out 3 weeks ago my job is now in danger ?‍♂️ Ffs so now I’m waiting to hear on this and Nationwide are giving me a bit of time to make a decision on the car , depending on the outcome of my job . Fingers crossed hay.
Good luck mate. Hopefully you keep your job and don’t feel pressured by anybody to go for the Cupra if the times aren’t 100% correct. Keep us updated (y)

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Hi Guys,

Bloody nightmare mate. Yours must have arrived at the same time as mine into Riverside. Mines also a silver Lux. My work has also dropped off but just about managing to make the payments. Thought times - I wish you the best.

Reactions: Minibbullet

Minibbullet

Apr 24, 2020
Midlands
Bloody nightmare mate. Yours must have arrived at the same time as mine into Riverside. Mines also a silver Lux. My work has also dropped off but just about managing to make the payments. Thought times - I wish you the best.

Yeah strange times markm . Fair play for making it work with the car. It does look good in silver . See what happens, supposed to be hearing this week on the job so see what happens but would love to have the car as it sounds like a right weapon listening to all you guys on here ?

Aug 13, 2020
Hi all, newbie here.

Ordered a 290 last week on a personal lease. Should arrive in September or early October. As excited as I am, in no massive rush as my current car hasn’t gone back yet (Audi A5 Cab). I’m VT’g my pcp next week.

Happy to share photos on arrival if anyone is keen.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Hi all, newbie here.

Ordered a 290 last week on a personal lease. Should arrive in September or early October. As excited as I am, in no massive rush as my current car hasn’t gone back yet (Audi A5 Cab). I’m VT’g my pcp next week.

Happy to share photos on arrival if anyone is keen.
You are in for a treat. Absolute beast of a car.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I’m hoping I don’t feel the need to remap it, although 360-370bhp would be fun once rolling...
You will remap. I thought I wouldn't, like you, but after a year of ownership I wanted more. Wish I'd done it sooner as it turns the car into a different animal. The extra 100+Nm of torque is incredible.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
You will remap. I thought I wouldn't, like you, but after a year of ownership I wanted more. Wish I'd done it sooner as it turns the car into a different animal. The extra 100+Nm of torque is incredible.
I can’t imagine needing any more power at this time but I’m only two weeks in and only managed 400 miles.

Aug 13, 2020
Mine is only on a 24 month lease. And it’s insured by the lease company.

Age old question, would a remap void warranty? Insurance? And would I have to put it back before returning?

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If you do have any issues with insurance at all for a remap then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'm insured with Adrian Flux with all mods declared so no issues with insurance.
I've used a JB4 for warranty reasons but if you map your car or use a JB4 you always risk voiding your warranty on the drive train.
I own my car outright so can't comment how it works with lease.

Minibbullet

Apr 24, 2020
Midlands
So update, Good news is my job is safe which is the main thing so well chuffed about that . Which means I get to have the car ! It will be on a 70 plate which I’m happy about . There is a slight hold up as my credit agreement is out of date due to the big delay so just applying for a new one then it’s a case of arranging delivery.

Reactions: Bucksssss

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
So update, Good news is my job is safe which is the main thing so well chuffed about that . Which means I get to have the car ! It will be on a 70 plate which I’m happy about . There is a slight hold up as my credit agreement is out of date due to the big delay so just applying for a new one then it’s a case of arranging delivery.
Great news! Lets hope they don't screw you on the monthly price.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.