Which Ateca version have you ordered?

• Total voters

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thread to capture all our Ateca forum owning members.

Tell us in the thread a bit more about your car - colours, engine, options etc. And feel free to post pictures when it arrives!

Scott

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
You'll see the details after I edit my profile. Ordered it mid July. Got a build date. ETA mid October.

I'm retiring my near 12 year old Altea Sport DSG TDI 140, had that one since new. OK it's another DSG, this time 4WD, 190TDI Xcellence with panoramic roof, Xcellance pack... hold on

Ateca Xcellence 4WD 190 TDI Rhodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack

I worked out my power to weight ratio is increasing 40 percent between vehicles. That increase wasn't the reason to buy that model, the only 4x4 DSG in the Ateca available in the UK is that spec, so I was a bit stunned to work out six weeks later I was getting such a power boost.

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
You'll see the details after I edit my profile. Ordered it mid July. Got a build date. ETA mid October.

I'm retiring my near 12 year old Altea Sport DSG TDI 140, had that one since new. OK it's another DSG, this time 4WD, 190TDI Xcellence with panoramic roof, Xcellance pack... hold on

Ateca Xcellence 4WD 190 TDI Rhodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack

I worked out my power to weight ratio is increasing 40 percent between vehicles. That increase wasn't the reason to buy that model, the only 4x4 DSG in the Ateca available in the UK is that spec, so I was a bit stunned to work out six weeks later I was getting such a power boost.

Cool.

I drove the 4WD 2.0TDI today in manual. Great car. Decent grunt. Very impressed.

Tell

Staff member
The thing with the pre-order is you don't get to test drive it. Having driven a DSG for nearly twelve years I'd make a mess of manual for a test drive.

Was hoping for a spin in one yesterday, Friday, but this dealer was playing by the book and doing test drives from launch weekend not the day before, although other people at a few other dealers have been driving them about. They didn't have a DSG as a demonstrator in any case. I know that a couple of people have taken the DSG 4WD out and have loved it and placed an order. I think if I hadn't ordered one somehow he would have broken Seat's moratorium till today.

On the spec I regard the navigation plus as a luxury since Seat have closed the gap between lower model and that one taking elements of the VW navigation pro into the basic 8" model, the pro being the plus. Time will tell whether spending the extra on that one was worth it. It would have eaten me away if I hadn't ordered the Navigation Plus. The safety features of driving along lines and side impact warning are my toys :).

I did actually start the 4WD 2.0 TDI yesterday to check out the 360 cameras which I'm getting. Got to protect those alloys, saves me un gamely leaning across the passenger seat to check the distance from the kerb. We'll see about self parking and how it handles the lamp post where I normally park. Think I'll only self park where the space is coming up at an odd angle. I never reverse in anywhere, I may now :).

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Personally, I can't see the point of the Navi Plus unless you want a WiFi network for the kids in the back and like watching DVDs when parked. It does have a few clever bits if you really do go off road as opposed to driving across a muddy field, but I cannot see how it is worth the extra. Have you read the manual to see just what it does?

Yes, you get the SEAT sound included but if you break out the bits it doesn't seem like good value. I specified the SEAT sound option separately.

I have ordered a load of options. The park assist and 360 camera is really good as I can only see out of one eye and the blind spot feature could be a life saver, without it I have a car which appears 6 ft longer than it actually is. I wanted the DSG to get the best out of the ACC and the Traffic Jam Assist etc. I must point out here that the 1.4Tsi is available here with DSG. Sadly not so in the UK which only SEAT UK can explain (or maybe not)! The auto headlights are essential as we have a long tunnel every few miles and legally you must use your lights.

The motorised boot will be useful if only because my wife has difficulty with reaching the Leon tailgate when up.

I don't like the 19" wheels because of the road noise, but we have the option of the two tone performance 18" wheels which you don't have in the UK. They look particularly good with the bright silver paintwork which I have ordered. It looks good in bright sunlight.

I have the connectivity options for Apple CarPlay etc. Sadly Apple don't yet support wireless charging, but the enhanced antenna is good. I have the upgraded sound system with spare wheel. I'm not fussed about the spare as I am happy with the kit which I have on my current car, but it wasn't an option.

We don't have to have leather seats (sorry about that Tell!) so I have ordered the Alcantara option in Black. Why they charge €100 extra over the brown inserts I have no idea!

A sunroof is the last thing I want as you would fry here in Spain and if you opened it the AC would be useless. Incidentally it is a non optional extra in France, which says a lot about the weather in France!

Leather heated seats would be the worse possible option unless they had a cooling option. It just shows how the options vary by country.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I'm hoping there is a canny reason why the Navigation Plus is better than the bog standard one but I won't find it till I've got it. Like 3D building mapping which it gives whilst the other one doesn't, the Gracenotes library. It is all driven off the SSD so you aren't pulling map data over the SD bus so should be faster, it's said it is. But don't worry I will be testing what I can do which others who haven't forked out the money can't do. Advice to Seat don't make the lower model appear so close as the top of the range. When I made the decision back in July it wasn't clear what the standard system does, still isn't. Clearly those that will use Car Link, Android Auto won't be bothered in the finer points of in car navigation. Important to me is POI upload and destination, faster snappy system.

PS no in the UK you don't get the Seat sound system included when you work it through. I only open the sun roof when the air-conditioning packs up and the car steams up or in ferry queues, fancy some air, but not side noise or drinking coffee parked up to listen to the birds again without the side noise of trafic....

Last edited:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I also had a test drive of the 4x4 150 Excellence. The better half was really wanting one to replace the now paid Kuga. I was looking forward to the test drive, the dealer gave us 3 hours on our own so we got a good feel for the car.

I was impressed at the outside styling and it drives so much better than the Kuga.

The only thing (and maybe a deal killer) is the interior. It seems old hat compared to rivals. Maybe as I have the Leon and expecting more. I love the large Touchscreen through!

I'm doubtful I'll place an order, I'll have a look at the new Skoda and maybe check out ex demo new Tigs when available.

David_S

Oct 15, 2016
Just ordered my new Ateca. Only had an Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition for 4 months but due to changes in personal circumstances I really need something a bit more practical. I fell in love with the Ateca the first moment I saw it. I had a test drive of what I was told was a 1.4 which I thought was acceptable in terms of performance. It was only a bit later I the dealer said it was actually a 1.0 which I was surprised by. The handling was very impressive, just felt like an agile hatchback to me.

Anyway I've gone for a 1.4 Xcellence in Mediterranean Blue (awesome colour considering it's the only free one!). Options are Seat Sound, heated windscreen and 19" alloys. I don't believe all the hype about 19" wheels ruining the ride, my current car has 19" alloys that apparently ruin the ride and I can more than live with them. Plus the standard 18's on the Excellence look rubbish and considering the optional 18's cost more than the 19's it was a no brainer!

Initial build date is 7th December which is only 8 weeks (was expecting to wait until new year so pleased with this).

Cannot wait!

kiz

Jan 8, 2015
Just ordered a bog standard S 1.0t in blue on lease £170pm with just a one off £170 initial rent and £200 admin - can't argue with that could be lower than depreciation with the bonus of having new car - it's for the missus anyway

GILLFR184

Mar 19, 2017
We test drove a 150 liked the feel of it as there was not a lot of bodyroll like other manufacturers models but the downside is only a 190bhp engine would like a bit more so i will wait

Mark GF Smith

Aug 25, 2014
Derby
I've just ordered a Lava Blue 1.4 Xcellence. No other added options as I feel the default spec is pretty good and the options are a bit steep. Sadly I now have the 12 to 16 week wait!!!

Alien51

Aug 4, 2016
Traded in our 14 plate Phantom Black Mk3 Leon Fr Technology which has the optional 18" alloys and ordered an Ateca Xcellence in Rodium Grey back in February, pick it up later this week. We had approx a 12 week wait, which seems about average and is earlier than dealers original estimate which was begining of June. Options ordered include raised boot floor, 19" diamond cut alloys (standard Xcellence wheels are not my cup of Tea) and top down camera.

Mark GF Smith

Aug 25, 2014
Derby
Traded in our 14 plate Phantom Black Mk3 Leon Fr Technology which has the optional 18" alloys and ordered an Ateca Xcellence in Rodium Grey back in February, pick it up later this week. We had approx a 12 week wait, which seems about average and is earlier than dealers original estimate which was begining of June. Options ordered include raised boot floor, 19" diamond cut alloys (standard Xcellence wheels are not my cup of Tea) and top down camera.

Did you pick it up then? I'm not getting mine until September apparently Grrr

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
You need to edit the poll options :)

Just ordered an Ateca FR 1.4 TSI 4Drive manual in Velvet Red :funk:

Added 360-degree cameras, Park Assist with all-side sensors, Full Link, Adaptive Cruise Control.

FR comes as standard with Full LED lights (including cornering fog lights), 18" Performance 36/3 wheels, Alcantara seats and Media System Plus with 8" screen (no satnav, I will use CarPlay instead, and the driver display will be monochrome) and whatnot.

The bad news is I have to wait 6-8 months. The only longer period I've heard for a car is from my parents generation: they used to wait those crappy soviet cars for years during the communist era :D I am not sure what I can do waiting so long, besides reading the manual which I guess wouldn't be much different than my Leon, so that will be a long-long waiting.

Tell

Staff member
You do get the communist feel at times to ordering an Ateca. In the UK you don't get Alcantara as an option unless you go for the FR so in Xcellence you had to have leather seats, still the case. Black leather isn't really the correct colour in the heat of southern UK summers, cold in winter also. I sit on a towel !.

The waits can be long as if you are on some rationing thing for Europe in general. UK waits haven't been that long unless in Samoa Orange where there was a paint shortage. The vast majority of the UK Ateca's being delivered are to PCP people who don't actually own the cars as such. I think due to this Seat UK offers a more limited range since they regard is as their fleet, so management comes ahead of the customer. That's the overall feeling I get from the purchase and report back.

I'm in the market for the stretched version as I'm going to shuffle mine off to the partner. That's the general plan, but we will see. So come next summer it will be a repeat of 2016 for me. I have no real complaints in its reliability. I haven't really been affected too much by front assist slamming on the brakes, only twice since November they were problem situations. Two or so warnings where it considered there was a problem when there wasn't. I've left the sensitivity at normal. I've mastered customisation to the OBD via Obdeleven so have things how I like them with central lock / mirrors in etc. Stop / Start always off etc.

I do like red, but I think I might stick to rhodium grey so we have a matching pair :).

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I have leather seats in my Leon which I kind of regret since I am a vegetarian, but they told me most of it is artificial leather anyway. It came with heating so is OK in the winter but we've got some serious heats lastly and it gets nasty and sweaty easily. On the other hand seems very practical, no stains and stuff, you only use a wet napkin and all is like new. With Alcantara I've heard it's even sweatier in the summer and it starts looking bad with the time but will see. At least the only animals suffering will be me sweating over it :D

Tell

Staff member
I have leather seats in my Leon which I kind of regret since I am a vegetarian, but they told me most of it is artificial leather anyway. It came with heating so is OK in the winter but we've got some serious heats lastly and it gets nasty and sweaty easily. On the other hand seems very practical, no stains and stuff, you only use a wet napkin and all is like new. With Alcantara I've heard it's even sweatier in the summer and it starts looking bad with the time but will see. At least the only animals suffering will be me sweating over it :D

The partners a veggie which is why I didn't want to subject them to dead animal seating but I had no option since the Xcellence in the UK isn't available in Alcantara. I think I had Alcantara in my trusty old Altea, it was man made. It was very comfortable winter and summer, buckets seats but after twelve years started to look grubby. On the other hand I reckon leather would crack over that period and look even more nasty. Father use to buy second hand police cars with leather seats, they were all cracked and mother's old leather furniture had cracked arms. I link leather is an older way of life not a modern one so I don't associate it with luxury :). Fear of the roth of upsetting owners with lower cars to the Xcellence, the seating in that was really cheap. I wasn't impressed.

I don't know whether the FR seats are any more bucketed than the Xcellence, but the Xcellence are sort of bucketed but not much. I like the side support of bucket seats so your back doesn't get twonged when corning. Xcellence leather seats after about six months and 7,000 miles eventually bedded in so you felt more bucketed than sitting on top of them. Took a time of un comfortable motoring. It is my first car with leather seats.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.