Will 15" wheels fit on a V5?

WelshTom

Hi all,

May sound like a silly question but following an incident with a rather large pot hole which ended with 2 buckled alloys, I find myself considering changing the 16" wheels for 15".

I need some new wheels but am having trouble getting any 16" and have been offered a set of 15" off a Golf GT TDi for cheap but don't know if they will fit. It should only be a temp thing untill I can find 2 more of the original alloys.

Thanks, Tom

skinnylew

Mar 19, 2007
South east london
Should do might have to check they fit over the brakes though try them on the front if they dont fit over the brakes then you'll have to sling em on the back as the discs are smaller at the back i presume.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Dude, hang fire....think i still have my old tolly wheels....will have to check....reason i have to check is i left the country, but the other half is packing the house up.....and if he hasnt took them to the tip i have a set of 4 tolly S20v pepperpot style alloys in the garage!:) i am sure they were 16"......could be wrong...

if they are 16" i can assure you, you sure as hell dont want to put smaller wheels on....the large profile tyres made the car feel all floaty as it was!

Last edited:

WelshTom

Should be able to get away without needing this now, I've provisionally bought a set of Leon Cupra Multispokes off a forum member so if all goes well I can stick with 16's and have my car back on the road before next week!

Thanks to everyone for your help, Tom

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
Dude, hang fire....think i still have my old tolly wheels....will have to check....reason i have to check is i left the country, but the other half is packing the house up.....and if he hasnt took them to the tip i have a set of 4 tolly S20v pepperpot style alloys in the garage!:) i am sure they were 16"......could be wrong...

if they are 16" i can assure you, you sure as hell dont want to put smaller wheels on....the large profile tyres made the car feel all floaty as it was!

pepperpots are 15" :(