Will infact be a 1.4 cupra

Matty.

________
Jan 7, 2008
Larkhall, Glasgow
Probably been posted this before but just found it interesting, and a little gutting its only a 1.4...

We like keeping our cars on their toes. That’s why we decided to create some serious competition for our flagship racer, the SEAT Leon CUPRA, and introduced the new SEAT Ibiza CUPRA. It’s the most powerful car in the Ibiza range, with a 7-speed DSG gearbox that, in combination with its 180 hp 1.4 TSI twin-charger engine, makes it the highest performing car in its segment. It has the soul of a true winner.
With these characteristics, it’s clear that there’s no messing on the road with this beast.
It’s right here that you will find out everything about the two vehicles, their all-powerful hearts of steel and their very distinct takes on Cup Racing. Get hooked on the power, feel as a road king, get ready for the ride.

But why can you get a 1.6 right now, but the cupra is only a 1.4?

Matty.

________
Jan 7, 2008
Larkhall, Glasgow
The Ibiza CUPRA is fitted with a 180 hp 1.4 TSI twin-charger engine and an unrivalled 7-speed DSG gearbox, XDS, the new sporty self-locking differential: the most powerful engine ever installed in a car from the SEAT Ibiza model range. Quick spin around the block anyone? How about a lift to the pool? Or a mini-break in Amsterdam? Trained for both short and long distances, nothing gets the Ibiza CUPRA out of breath – and his place is always in the fast lane.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Nice and racy light engine, it will handle and perform well. Just won't have scope for big power. But sadly that's the way all cars in this segment will go. Mainly due to tax and emissions.

But we've had this discussion before elsewhere.

Poverty

alfa want to give their mi.to 230hp according to rumours. Audi will probably make a a1 with 200hp. I also cant say I have read many good things about the 1.4 tsi, I reckon people are better off buying a leon fr than a ibiza cupra.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members