Will new MK4 Leon have a powerful diesel engine?

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
As per title...

A lot of the MK4 news are suggesting just a standard 1.5 TDI or a bog standard 2.0 TDI.

It would be very dissapointing if they didn't offer at least a 200ps TDI engine, kinda like the 40 TDI on the A4 etc..

My current car (A 184 DSG with a DTUK tuning box) has an astonishing amount of torque, which is very addictive.

Other than opting for a 335d next year (Lease is up) I'm struggling to think of another car around the same price range, looks and quality that would have similar sort of performance.

I've actually driven a Cupra 290, and whilst it's in a league of it's own, the effortless torque of my 184 with a DTUK box is night and day compared to the Cupra 290.

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Diesel is dead

I think there wont even be a diesel option for the new model when it comes out.

Think it will be limited to petrol turbo’s / hybrid

Reactions: daniel_ley

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Diesel is dead

I think there wont even be a diesel option for the new model when it comes out.

Think it will be limited to petrol turbo’s / hybrid

One of the VW Group has just announced hybrid diesels so wouldn't say its totally dead in the water yet for passenger cars, just gotta know how to exploit it again.

But can't see SEAT or Cupra going forward with it.

Last edited:

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
The new Audi S4 and I think S5 are diesel only, so I dont think it is dead.

Saying that it doesnt necessarily mean Seat will offer it for the new Leon...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nah I spoke to a few of the CUPRA team last week they are fully focused on electric and hybrid petrol.

No way that SEAT are going to churn out a hybrid diesel FR either as FR is just a trim level now.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.