Wind deflectors

stuwbafc

Aug 30, 2009
bearwood
ye got them of the bay look dead good but i find the more you use the windows the looser they become ....they came with 4 metal clips and a bit of m3 sticky stuff i've all ready added more sticky stuff to them but not to much effect ,cant remember of hand who the seller was they came from abroad though.....................

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi guys,

fitted my wind deflectors 3 years ago ... and they're still tight and good looking. ;)

I got them from an ebay dealer as well, but remember 2 different brands that were sold at that time:
Decided on the slightly more expensive HEKO products (partno:28230).

Here are some pictures I took in 2007:
Windabweiser_Heko_018409.jpg

Windabweiser_Heko_024592.jpg

Windabweiser_Heko_032600.jpg

Windabweiser_Heko_048086.jpg

Windabweiser_Heko_056322.jpg

Only had to cut out a little notch where in contact with the mirror's fringe, as otherwise the front deflectors would bend a little too much under tension (see pictures below).

Windabweiser_Heko_a9889.jpg

greets ... Klaus

bazmac28

Jun 18, 2010
Glasgow Scotland
Thanks for all the replies .I will try and get some pics on . Thones I got are the Heko ones from Germany,Ithought being German the Quality would be good,and they seem to be . They are exactly the same as the ones on the pics Klaus has posted .As for the clips I could'nt get them to stay in ,they kept pinging out so I left them out . The instructions they sent me by email did not show any clips at all .

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi bazmac,

hope not to dissapoint you, but afaik those HEKO parts are manufactured in Poland ;)
(see 1st of my pics with the instructions printed on ... it says .heko.pl)

Still they're worth the money ...

As for the clips I could'nt get them to stay in ,they kept pinging out so I left them out . The instructions they sent me by email did not show any clips at all .

and I can't remember that there were any clips at all with my delivery ... at least none were needed so far.

I had to replace the double-sided adhesive tape recently, as I used additional white tape when first fitting them and this started to reveal. So I used colourless this time ... :D

greets ... Klaus

tinky

Apr 13, 2010
What's the point in wind deflectors? Do they make wind noise less, or only when windows open? But theen with aircon heat shouldn't be a problem anyway. I've seen wind deflectors on cars before, but always guessed what good they actually do. Not a rant, just a question. :)

stuwbafc

Aug 30, 2009
bearwood
pmsl thats what all my buddys said when i got them ....to be honest they are more for the look in my opinion they do work on the motorway at about 60mph but much more than that they lose their effectiveness i personally don't like the aircon i like to have the windows open..........each to there own i suppose....;0)

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
What's the point in wind deflectors? Do they make wind noise less, or only when windows open? But theen with aircon heat shouldn't be a problem anyway. I've seen wind deflectors on cars before, but always guessed what good they actually do. Not a rant, just a question. :)
Well ... the early ALTEAs were known to be very susceptible to wind noises ... with modelyear 2006 the mirrors were lined with some additional foam pads to reduce this often reported soughing.

But ... I counldn't complain about any hissing from the windows ... but something else was bugging me a little:

Everytime leaving or entering my garage, I have to open the driver's window to reach out with the key for my outside door opener.
As the trick is to hold the key as long as the rooling door is sliding up or down, the door panel and it's operating elements were sprayed with drops of water on every rainy day.

So I think to myself: Get a visor to reduce this inconvenience ...
at least cheaper than a complete new set of remote controlled door-opener. ;)
And in fact, it helped a little. :thumbup:

Next thing I found out is, that having the sunroof completely opened, you need to open the rear windows as well a little, otherwise the noise of the dynamic pressure will blast you away when picking up speed.
So sliding them down a finger's breadth, the deflectors are still covering the slit and the air pressure will nevertheless find it's way out.

Two good reasons for me ....

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Yes the Heko ones are the good ones!although bought some for the missus Mazda 2,and the rear fit is terrible!

i bought them as i do a lot of short journeys and the aircon doesn't get the car cool in time,so its windows half down,and the deflectors save a lot of noise bufeting!:)

bazmac28

Jun 18, 2010
Glasgow Scotland
Sorry for the made in Germany mistake lol . I still think they are good quality though . I also think they are more for looks than anything else . As someone said everyone to their own . Just glad its brought some interest for discussion . Cheers all Baz

tinky

Apr 13, 2010
Thanks for explanation guys, i really didn't know what use of them there is. :confused: :) Now i do.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.