Wind noise on new Seat Leon

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Mine is booked in for passenger A pillar and door rattles as well as the grill whistle and drivers door wind noise. I think ive found the source of the door wind noise:

ydarunum.jpg

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
That was the source pf wind noise on my mk2 door seal not fitted correct/ flush

Always use to think window wasnt shut right

Shelvock

I've got the same drivers door wind noise, went into the dealers today and they're ordering a new seal for it. Hopefully that will sort it.

fatal3rror

Jul 16, 2013
Mine is booked in for passenger A pillar and door rattles as well as the grill whistle and drivers door wind noise. I think ive found the source of the door wind noise:

Thanks for the picture! I have the same issue, calling to get it fixed now!

Shelvock

Well mine went in today for the new seal to be fitted, only to be rang by the dealers saying the seal they had received was for a 5 door and my car is an SC! So they've re-ordered the right seal and I'm waiting for that before I book it back in...

simmo1

Jul 1, 2014
Estonia

ydarunum.jpg

Have the same issue with my car. After rainy day or carwash the seal gets wet. Is it normal or something has to be replaced (I don't hear any wind noise though)?

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
I think I have the door whistle problem too, car is 3 days old :( I sit a little further forward due to being a short arse ;) but if I put my head back and towards the door you can hear the noise, as if the window would be open or the door not closed properly, cars going into seat tomorrow to fix a door chip (same door funnily enough) that was caused during delivery... Grrr! Will report back how that goes!

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015

ydarunum.jpg

Just found this thread.

Mine is 2 months old and although its great, the wind whistle I get is up and behind my right ear. Was this the same for you ? And did changing the upper door seal cure it ?

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
My issue was actually the seal on the inside of the door. It was loose - particularly noticeable around the corner... it almost sagged a little.

Not sure if it's the correct fix, but I glued the seal flush to the frame and no more wind noise by my ear.

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
wind noise /creaks and rattles

Hi All,

I have a 2013 Leon that produces a whistling/wind noise when the car is travelling over 60mph. It sounds like its coming from the front of the windscreen, but in reallity it could be the door mirrors or similar, I know pin pointing accoustics is very hard in a car.

I have used the search but cant find anything on the 2013 model.

The car is brilliant otherwise. I have booked it into the dealers next Tuesday for them to check it out under warranty. Sods law though will dictate that on the day the noise doesnt appear until I pick the car up again and drive home :cry:

Has anyone else experienced this with the 2013 model?

Thanks,

B0nk3r5

Hi Ye buddy I have a 2014 leon fr 150 all the toys including 18" wheels I have experienced a bit of wind noise but lots of creaks and rattles and water in the passenger side rear lens twice they are starting to frustrate me as some have been looked at rattles are coming on when car is cold first thing seem to disappear later but very intermittent I am thinking will I have a another one when my lease is up ??feeling very unsure about it good times bad times having more bad times of late

junkerss

Sep 26, 2015
Hi All,

I have a 2013 Leon that produces a whistling/wind noise when the car is travelling over 60mph. It sounds like its coming from the front of the windscreen, but in reallity it could be the door mirrors or similar, I know pin pointing accoustics is very hard in a car.

I have used the search but cant find anything on the 2013 model.

The car is brilliant otherwise. I have booked it into the dealers next Tuesday for them to check it out under warranty. Sods law though will dictate that on the day the noise doesnt appear until I pick the car up again and drive home :cry:

Has anyone else experienced this with the 2013 model?

Thanks,

B0nk3r5
I have 2013 leon 5f too. I have heard the whistle that you talk about and i placed a rubber at the front edge of the bonnet and whistle has gone ;)
b887729973b8ced3ede59e2be422eab6.jpg

Brown rubber as you see in the photo.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members