Window switch problem

t_kaay

Aug 15, 2011
Hi, hope someone can advise me on this problem. 2006 Alhambra Stylance, the electric windows have stopped working from their own individual switches. The passanger side partly works in that it goes down but it won't work if trying to go up again. Both rear switches have stopped working at the same time. The console from the drivers side works fine and controls all the windows fine, its just the individual switches. The only thing I can think of is the car was valeted a few days ago and maybe they got water in the switches? Any advice please?

matthewgdavies

Have you checked if the child safety rear window switch on the drivers door has been pressed? This would lock out both rear window switches. Pass side front is likely to be broken wires in the door to A pillar convoluted gaiter especially as window works one way
Both rear switches aren't going to fail at the same time and a bit of water isn't likely to cause this, doors get opened in the rain all the time.

t_kaay

Aug 15, 2011
Have you checked if the child safety rear window switch on the drivers door has been pressed? This would lock out both rear window switches. Pass side front is likely to be broken wires in the door to A pillar convoluted gaiter especially as window works one way
Both rear switches aren't going to fail at the same time and a bit of water isn't likely to cause this, doors get opened in the rain all the time.

thanks for the reply, I have already checked for the safety switch and its not on. Will try and check wires. Was all working ok before the valet which is why I suspected water....will investigate further.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.