Windows Misting & Sub Box Mould?????

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
Lately my windows have been well steaming up inside without me being in the car and ive noticed other cars on my street that also havent been drove that day have been fine and not misted up,
anyone know how i can sort it cause it really pisses me off when i go out to my car an have to wait for it to sort out or i wipe them an then get the windows all marked.

Also i noticed my sub box gets this like white mould growing on it, it doesnt smell and its only on the sub box it kind of looks like upholstry foam has been sprayed on it that also pisses me off so anyone had this or know a way of sorting it?

I guess the two things may be linked, the same things happened with my old car i also had the same sub and amp in there too.

Any ideas would be much appreciated cause if i ant mentioned already its really pissing me off.

Dave 20vT

Mar 15, 2010
Stevenage
Defo sounds like a water leak. This happened on mine recently where the rear n/s window and rear screen kept steaming up. I had a look around and found that the rear carpet on the near side was saturated with water.

I eventually tracked the source of the leak down to a missing grommet in the firewall on the near side, just under the scuttle rail at the bottom of the windscreen, which is well documented on the forum as being an area of weakness for the leaks.

With my car, one of the last owners had removed a 2" diameter grommet from the rear n/s floor of the car to allow this water to drain out, and therefore I was only getting relatively small amounts of water holding in the carpet / sound proofing before it eventually drained out. It was enough to steam up one side of the car, and having owned it for about one year, I was getting a faint damp smell starting.

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
My car is totally dry inside and still steams up? Go figure lol. It just happens in this weather same as your headlights steam up aswell .colder outside, warmer inside= condensation. Yes sometimes there is a water leak but condensation doesn't always mean this..

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Check passenger footwell for water/dampness

Sometimes the rear washer hose splits where it comes in to the car and dumps washer fluid in to the footwell.

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
Is your rear washer working fine and not leaking, we had this issue with MK3 that we owned rear washer popped off and leaked in the boot.

Also not that this may be the cause but when was the pollen filter changed? I had misting on other cars and the pollen filter had not been changed in years changing this helped.

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
rear washer doesnt work no so ill try seek out where the hose goes

And yeh my headlights mega fog up i put those little do not eat things in the bulb cover it worked for about a month but now i needa change them i think and its **** weaqther so guna make it worse anyway

ill change the pollen filter too an see how it goes

safe for the ideas lads!

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
pretty sure theres no leaks, not obvious ones anyway cos hoovered out my car the other day and didnt notice any wetness, ill check tomoro anyway if the weathers sound

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
pretty sure theres no leaks, not obvious ones anyway cos hoovered out my car the other day and didnt notice any wetness, ill check tomoro anyway if the weathers sound

Have a look under the spare wheel - thats where the washer fluid ends up if the pipe has fallen off the back of the tailgate jet.

I guess your sub box is in the boot so that is now favorite.

Sinfield

Feb 12, 2012
Wellingborough
Your rear washer pipe might be leaking from underneath the tailgate inside cover. Same thing happens with mine I just try not to flick the stork :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.