Windscreen cost

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Iv got a nice crack running to the edge of my windscreen caused by a stone, looks ok for the moment but the glass will need changing in the near future. Just rang Autoglass and to my shock they quoted me £485 :cry: with my AA membership this falls to £343 but its still damm expensive.

I dont mind a decent piece of second hand glass being fitted, has anyone had this done and got an idea of cost? Im selling it next year so dont want a massive bill to pay on it.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Mate in my experience, try your local non franchise firms. Ive got a customer who on occasions, is half the price of Autoglass.

PM me and i will let you have their details, its worth a phonecall. (based in Stoke)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Im TPFT andy, took the cover out today.

Spoke to a lad at work whos told me indepependant will be alot cheaper as you say Empi5. PM on its way mate, stokes only down the road;) Cheers

Screen for mk2 'beeza is 120 quid from main dealer (MK SEAT quoted that about 2wks ago) and i got quoted the same to get one fitted for a little less than that from an independant windscreen firm, (who want 85 if you want just the screen and a tube of bonding agent so you can fit it yourself.)

ta.

KarenJ

May 10, 2005
In my own little world.....
Iv got a nice crack running to the edge of my windscreen caused by a stone, looks ok for the moment but the glass will need changing in the near future. Just rang Autoglass and to my shock they quoted me £485 :cry: with my AA membership this falls to £343 but its still damm expensive.

I have the same - a stone hit mine 3 months ago and I have just found the impact site, just on the black bit at the top of the screen - there is a 4" crack running down now, I am fully comp so am assuming that my insurance will cover most of it as the price you have quoted above made me sit down for a good half hour!

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Screen for mk2 'beeza is 120 quid from main dealer (MK SEAT quoted that about 2wks ago) and i got quoted the same to get one fitted for a little less than that from an independant windscreen firm, (who want 85 if you want just the screen and a tube of bonding agent so you can fit it yourself.)

ta.

Thats the type of thing i want to hear, cheers ;)

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
well i am screwed if the same thing happens to my, my ex's dad works at rac autowindscreen and he said i could get a new one fitted for me for about 40quid he said

jadwot

Found out there was several different types of screen when i got a golf ball thru mine. Diffrent black borders diffrent places for the rear view mirror, finaly got the right one genuine cost me $700, bout 300quid. The f#wit that fitted it mangled those plastic strips that go around the screen an over the roof. another 400bucks. [:@]

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Found out there was several different types of screen when i got a golf ball thru mine. Diffrent black borders diffrent places for the rear view mirror, finaly got the right one genuine cost me $700, bout 300quid. The f#wit that fitted it mangled those plastic strips that go around the screen an over the roof. another 400bucks. [:@]

Thats abit expensive :(

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Just had a price from a friend of a friend, £110 with mobile fitting. Good price? :)

That seems about right. I remember when back in college I managed to smash someones rear windscreen with a football (I know, I thought it was impossible too) on their 02 plate punto sport. But because it was tinted and heated Autoglass quoted me......£380. I almost cried:cry: . Than I decided to ring up a mobile fitter that did my dads windscreen, and he quoted me £135, Bargain :D, and it was tinted and heated, that's £240 cheaper!!!! Autoglass are just mugs :ban: .

Mig

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
You should all go to BnQ car parks or other big shops like that. there are normally tents set up which offer free windscreen repair for stone chips if you are fully comp insured. they do it in about ten minutes! Best to get it done when it happens for free than get all the hassle later on!

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
You should all go to BnQ car parks or other big shops like that. there are normally tents set up which offer free windscreen repair for stone chips if you are fully comp insured. they do it in about ten minutes! Best to get it done when it happens for free than get all the hassle later on!

Mine was an instant crack, must have been a bloody big stone

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Note to all making glass claims on insurance - it's true enough that it doesn't affect your no claims but it's still a claim which you legally MUST declare when you renew you insurance - if you don't, you've just given false info on the underwriting questions...

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Shes booked in for the 2nd January. Cracks making its way downwards now, hopefully it will hold together. Ill be 110 fine english pounds lighter which i dont thinks to bad.