WINDSCREEN DE-MIST PROBLEMS ALTEA XL 2014 i-Tech DSG

krestsaf69

Jan 9, 2016
Hi

Recently i had a Latvian lady driver drove into my drivers side causing damage. Thus replaced drivers door, replaced rear drivers side door, repaired rear wing and bumper.

However since the repair i have had a problem with my windscreen misting up. It can happen from various situations ie

A. Cold start de-mist takes 3-5 mins full power front demist button
B. Driving mist up during rainy spell
C. Driving mist up during dry conditions

When the screen mists up during driving i can be cruising steadily at 40-50mph and the screen just fogs say around edges. I press front demist and then the whole window fogs completely opaque and have to slow and have on occasions pulled over its been so bad and had to wait a few mins to clear.

This happens every 10 mins or so when its raining. So i tend to keep front vent fan on 2 and optimal around 22 deg heat to try and keep it clear for full journey.

I have tried alternating demister button on high or front vent on full heat to see if difference but non.

I have had interior valeted and screen polished with glass cleaner but again no change.

I was told when the repair was done the windscreen was not touched.

Now, this brings me to question

A. Why has problem only been since accident repair
B. If driver door replaced would front pillar wing need removing which also holds screen?
C. Upon return of vehicle by repairers i have had a round ring imprint in my drivers line of site i cant get off which could of been caused by the suckers used on positioning handles of a large windscreen (i first thought i may have been a satnav cradle screen suction mark)?
D. Could ny A/C require re-gassing?

Could anyone advise if they have had similar issue please.

Sorry if vague

Thx

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
I read on here somewhere that it's the door seals that generally cause issues and that drainage is provided through the door cavity and out above the sill. There is a seal to prevent water getting inside the car which can fail....has this been replaced? Are the carpets damp?

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
I would first check that the air-con is working correctly as this is used for de-misting (removing water vapour from the air) as well as cooling. I would also complain to the repairer.......

krestsaf69

Jan 9, 2016
Cheers. Will try n get aircon regassed n vents cleared as where i live leaves n moss fall on bonnet. But will chk seals too. Then rtn to repairer if no chg.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise