Windscreen Fogging

AndyMcD

Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

Have noticed a few issues with my Mark 6 Ibiza:

When using stop/start upon restart the windscreen starts to fog up badly.

The "windscreen clearing" fan for the front windscreen appears to be very underpowered.

The car constantly fogs up when cold outside even after windows have been cleared.

I've never had a car so bad for fogging.

All advice welcome please.

Thanks.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I don't have an Ibiza, but I find with the similar system in my wife's Leon that demisting is best done not using the 'max' button, but by setting the temperature and fan speed to max manually, with the vent position set to windscreen. In the Leon the blower speed is for some reason faster set to max manually than it is using the 'max' button. We've got both sides synched to the same temperature, although I'm not sure that makes a difference or not.
Recirculation should be off , otherwise the air doesn't get passed through the drier in the aircon system.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I realise this isn't the point. But I applied the Gtechniq interior window coating to my windscreen. And despite the first couple of mornings having to give it another quick buff. We all left work at 5:30 yday, everyone was sitting waiting for their windscreen to clear inside and I just got in and drove off (because it was completely clear I should add LOL). I've previously had to drive 30+ miles fighting with the aircon clearing the window. Even got it regassed to no effect. But now it doesn't mist at all. And cost me less than a tenner.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Actually it's a good point. Dirty windscreens fog up easier than clean ones.
I did notice with Mrs Seriously's Leon that for the first month or so, the inside of the screen was constantly needing cleaning, presumably due to the 'stuff' leaching out of all the new interior plastics etc.

AndyMcD

Nov 1, 2018
Hi, thanks for reply, which Gtechniq product is it you used on the interior glass, they seem to have a wide range of products?

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Wait till the really bad weather comes. Last winter I spent 10 mins every morning and evening drying out the windscreen. No matter what I tried I would come back to find it soaking wet. I even bought a Dehumidyfier box (silicone Gel) which had little effect. Tried cleaning the insideof the windscreen with car glass cleaner to no avail and then tried Rainx Anti-fog also to no avail. I ran the car all the time with aircon on still the same. Not looking forward to the wet and cold weather starting in ernest again.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
I realise this isn't the point. But I applied the Gtechniq interior window coating to my windscreen. And despite the first couple of mornings having to give it another quick buff. We all left work at 5:30 yday, everyone was sitting waiting for their windscreen to clear inside and I just got in and drove off (because it was completely clear I should add LOL). I've previously had to drive 30+ miles fighting with the aircon clearing the window. Even got it regassed to no effect. But now it doesn't mist at all. And cost me less than a tenner.
what was it like to apply effortwise? would it be ok for someone whos never done anything like this before or is there a good chance ill end up with streaks and **** like that

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
what was it like to apply effortwise? would it be ok for someone whos never done anything like this before or is there a good chance ill end up with streaks and **** like that

Well, I, and several of the other reviewers said this happened to them. Just have a microfiber ready each morning for about 3 mornings and give it a wipe down till it's just a thin film. I always tend to overapply everything anyway. I have the buffing arm of a pro-wrestler!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.