Windscreen Wiper help

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
Hi lads ive got a problem with my wipers!

Somewhere along the line a nut where the 2 arms below the plastic stuff at the bottom of the windscreen has came off. i have put it back on but now the windscreen wipers dont go back to where they should be if u know what i mean. put it all back together but they end up goin below the windscreen and then poppin back off the mounts.

This wil sound like a rite mess but if u know what i mean u mite know what im blabbering onabout.lol

What im after really is a picture or a diagram of how it should look under the plastic stuff as i dont think its right.

Any help or info will be greatly appreciated as i cannot use my wipers so if it rains im fooked so cud do with gettin it sourted asap.

Cheers Rich

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Not quite sure what you mean but;

wipers - to allign them when the wiper arms have been removed, turn them on once so they reset at the correct 'rest' position.
Then you should have a rubber grommet, then put on the wipers so they sit with the last bit of the wiper blade about where the top of the black printed pattern on the windscreen is, then there is a nut, and a plastic cover.

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
i have done that mate but they go across fine then when they go back into the rest position they go too far!

This is whats making me think that the little bar that connects the two wipers unbderneath the plastic cowling is wrong as this is what came off in the first place!

U know what i mean?

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
gotcha

sounds like you have attached them to the rod bit fine, but the mechanism in the scuttle area has a loose or disconnected bit?

Or should be something stopping them correctly in the rest position.

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
cheers for that m8 but stil hasnt shed any light on my dilemma.lol

I could do with a picture of how it should be then i can see if everything is where it should be! Doin my nut in big style! lol

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
I think you need to remove the wiper arms, then remove the plastic scuttle panel so you can get at the scuttle part. Opportunity to clear the crap out also like leaves etc.

You could then put the wiper blades back on as they should be, then put the blades 'on' while you look at what the mechanism is doing.

Just look for anything that is loose/broken/disconnected.

I cant find a pic

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
thanx for that m8!

Now from that pic it was the operating linkage that had came undone and thats what i wasnt sure of if it has gone back how it should! its just blagging my head as to y its going past its resting point!