Winter Rattles

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Any body else noticed a increase in rattles now that the cold weather has started. First thing in the morning mine sounds like the passenger seat isn't bolted to the floor.

Don't think its the door rattles that people seem to suffer from, either left side dash, seat or centre console.

Given up taking it to the dealers as they claim never to hear it.

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
If it's any consolation, my Exeo and TT are both getting a bit squeaky inside now the weather's turned. Creaks aren't just restricted to Leons, obviously. Mine are a tad older than yours, though - TT 10 years and Seat five - and they're parked outside all the time, so I expect it at this time of year, annoying though it is.

kmanmx

Jan 21, 2013
I thought my week old Cupra was creaking like made the other day. However upon further investigation it was all ice on the roof that was creaking. There was about a centimeter of ice over the top rear of the car, arching the gap between the roof/spoiler and boot lid. It was creaking and cracking everytime I hit a bump.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Done that years back on a Biza that had sunroof, the water/ice just came into the car when I bombed it round the corners, wakes you up some.

Good for you, you didn't break the sunroof mechanism since the roof was frozen. Just being wet is a good price to pay:).

Last edited:

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
My left hand side of dash has started creaking and only stops when pressed down plus left hand window doesn't go right up (must be something hitting the safty feature) so wind noise is now my pain trip to dealers on the cards me think :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.