Winter tyres for Freetrack

mike55

May 31, 2010
I have decided to fit winter tyres to my 170 TDi Freetrack. I am impressed by the increased grip that these give once the temperature drops below 7 degs.

Problem is trying to get some steel rims then tyres of quality make. Seat produce 6 inch x 16 inch steel rims but say they are not desiged for the freetrack as they are available with either 45mm or 50mm offset and the 17 inch standard ones have 46mm offset. If I can sort out suitable rims I am sure someone must be making a decent tyre. i have seen Mytyre site but am unsure about the fit.

Does anyone have any experience on this subject. It would be appreciated

Thanks Mike

Steve H

You thought about all season tyres?? I am considering getting some for my Altea though it's not a Freetrack. I drive past farms, golf courses and cross country every day and thinking the extra grip would be usefull even during the summer and when the car's parked on a construction site or muddy field.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Just put some on our freetrack after experiencing last winter with them on my Leon.

I got winter tyres fitted to steel wheels from mytyres. They're 6.5J. Tyres are 205/55/16 94W. dunlop winter sport 3D. Just over £500 delivered and fitted them today in less than 20 mins. Added some OEM trims off an Altea from eBay for 20 notes and job done.

Car handles very well, rears are slightly lost the arch but nothing to worry about.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.