Winter tyres on the Cupra

Porker3

May 17, 2015
I got a set of Dunlop Sport 5's on a new set of black 18"alloys for my red Cupra. Black on red looks pretty good.

honziss

Aug 3, 2015
Prague / CZ
I have Nokian WRD4 on original 19" and I'm ipressed with their performance. Dry cold tarmac, wet highway, slush on the highway and snow....at all these conditions it's very good tire. No chance to test at higher temperatures so far - i had a couple of nokians already before and dry tarmac at 20'C was always the weakest point.

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
BUMP

Can confirm. I'm running Nokian WR D4's on original 19" wheels and it works great in snow/dry/wet tarmac :)

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Having winters on the front and summers on the back is dangerous in snowy conditions. Loads of grip on the front and none on the back is a recipe for disaster. Please put a set on the back too.

Until we all have to fit winter tyres by law, I think having winter tyres on (when most cars don't) is a recipe for disaster, you stop and joe bloggs just runs into you. My Cupra stays safe in the drive on it's summer PSS tyres when the snow is bad, and I jump on the bus or work from home nice and safe too.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members