Winter tyres

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
95vl89.jpg

11bjm78.jpg

Am selling these. Details appearing soon in the For Sale section. PM me if you're interested.

Autec Skandic Matt Black 18x7.5 ET42 5x112
Nokian WR-D4 225/40 R18 92V

Cheers

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I've just put my 18" winter tyres on ebay. Toyo Snowprox used for one winter and Avon ice touring used for two winters . Still have about 6mm of tread left. On at 150 for the four.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
My mate runs winters all year round now... he says it's not like we have a summer anyway! haha

I'm just about to pickup a set of steels for my mk2 and planning on sticking some winters on them at some point.

GrimReaper85

Nov 3, 2017
Hi everyone

I bought these Autec Skandic wheels (can't post links for now):
Code:
shrani.si/f/3p/dd/RZLT4sx/matsport-autec-skandic.png

Holes are properly aligned in the center of each double spoke.

But the wheels I got are like the ones in this topic. Same wheels are on Autec site (haven't checked that before buying) and on every Google picture where actual wheels are mounted on the cars. There are just some pictures on the web like on the site I bought them from. I don't think they even make or made these wheels.

I used twitchynik's picture to show the problem I am seeing with these wheels.
Red lines are the center lines of individual double spokes, blue lines go through bolts. They don't align, bolts are aligned with right half of double spokes.

Code:
shrani.si/f/Q/Xc/2dd2hKzU/11bjm78-edit.jpg

I find it especially problematic on this wheel, as individual double spokes are hard to distinguish, but bolt holes in the center of each double spoke would certainly help with that.

Can anyone comment on this?
I searched the whole internet, and these are the only wheels which have this kind of design, which is very strange, asymmetric.

I guess it's ok if you don't know or don't concentrate on this, but I always look for this kind of things when I look at the wheels (OCD and such). It was also the first thing I checked when I got the wheels as I have a phobia from the times I had 5 spoke wheels with only 4 bolt holes.
But now, I check every car I pass and count the bolts and spokes, it is driving me crazy.

This can only happen to me, 10 spoke wheels and bolts don't align with spokes. But I guess only 5 bolt 5 spoke wheels are 100% to be symmetric.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.