Winter wheels

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Looking ahead to when the Carbon arrives!
Would like to go down to 18s,but will they fit over the Brembos?

If so I'm liking these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Wolfr...h=item46845aaf20:g:uTAAAOSwj~9bjNUm:rk:1:pf:0

Same rim width and offset as standard and the price seems excellent.
235/40 tyres would be the size,I think.
I would not go for too decent ones for winter wheels with all the salt a crud plus the chance if hitting the curb,
just go for some s/h wheels that fit, thats what I have done

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I would not go for too decent ones for winter wheels with all the salt a crud plus the chance if hitting the curb,
just go for some s/h wheels that fit, thats what I have done

I know what you're saying,but if I am going to have winters on for 4/5 months then I want something reasonably smart (although painted,not diamond cut).
So I wouldn't pay a lot,but at £400 for the set these seem like a bargain,by the time you've bought some tatty used ones and had them stripped and powder coated you are at this sort of money anyway...plus the fact that it's easy to buy used and then find there are cracks/ bends you missed!
Anyway,back to the question,do 18s fit over Brembos?

Reactions: Walone

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
Similar questiion was asked generally of performance packed Cupras in another thread. 18s will fit but suggest ET40 for more clearance between spokes and calipers. Can't remember internal dimensions of my wheels, but one set of 18s wouldn't fit whereas my others do - with the weights placed further in. I'll try to find a photo later and attach.

I'm on 235/40 18s for winter btw, so 8x18 or 7.5x18 should be OK..

Reactions: Oldbutswift

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Similar questiion was asked generally of performance packed Cupras in another thread. 18s will fit but suggest ET40 for more clearance between spokes and calipers. Can't remember internal dimensions of my wheels, but one set of 18s wouldn't fit whereas my others do - with the weights placed further in. I'll try to find a photo later and attach.

Thanks for that.
I think ET40/45 are available in those or similar wheels so I'll bear that in mind.

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018

Hopefully with photo now. Wheels are satin graphite and used on my other cars. Not an ideal colour against Monsoon grey body where my first choice would be matte black. But they were effectively free .

Attachments

• 153977887957791.jpg
    153977887957791.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Hopefully with photo now. Wheels are satin graphite and used on my other cars. Not an ideal colour against Monsoon grey body where my first choice would be matte black. But they were effectively free .
Thanks.
When I think about it I remember that those wheels have been bought by more than one for Civic type Rs,both to fit on the older model in place of 19s and the current model in place of 20s.
Of course the Team Dynamics wheels might be made in a way so they give optimum clearance in this size,whereas the Wolfrace ones I spotted might give less clearance even if the same size (18x8,ET 40)?
Difficult!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise