Wiper Blades

mushroominator

Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

I've noticed a few threads on here but none that have directly answered the question. I have a 2013 Seat Leon SE. I've done about 15, 000 miles and the blades have started smearing now, been quite lucky going from some posters.

I've already looked online (particularly wiperblades.co.uk) and every website is suggesting a different type of blade. One website was even 100% wrong, they thought both passenger and driver side blades were 20".

I've been to my local garage and they wanted 19 quid for each blade, I don't particularly want to spend over 50 pounds on three blades.

What wiper blades are people using? Can I get a model number or something please?

Also not sure if this is related but I have noticed that the smear only happens on the downwards swipe, am I alone?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I bought Valeo VM844 for the front and a bosch blade for the rear.

If you search you'll find a part number for the rear.

Blades aren't cheap so I'd say it will be between £40 and £50 for all 3.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
I purchased some Michelin Hybrid Stealth blades from Costco, £7 each or so.

I think you'll need 26" and 16" for the front.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Last edited:

mushroominator

Mar 2, 2015
I purchased some Michelin Hybrid Stealth blades from Costco, £7 each or so.

I think you'll need 26" and 16" for the front.

How have they been? On amazon at the moment the pair are coming in at 28 quid.

thanks for the replies as well, the Bosch pair in Halfords are actually incorrect as well.

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
How have they been? On amazon at the moment the pair are coming in at 28 quid.

thanks for the replies as well, the Bosch pair in Halfords are actually incorrect as well.

I bought the Bosch pair in Halfords, the Assistant said they had been other folk saying the drivers side was 2 inches short but it seems ok to me, the bits that are missed on the wipe with the 24" blade are not see through anyway....

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Search for my posts. I bought a Bosch rear off eBay for lead than 10. Excellent fit and function

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Also not sure if this is related but I have noticed that the smear only happens on the downwards swipe, am I alone?

You may have some dirt on the rubber blade, some rag & white vinegar cold be your friend.

My 2010 Mk.2 Leon on it's original bales at 50k is just starting to smear very slightly.

I have noticed that with after market blades the clips onto the arm are not as flush and slim as OE from a dealer..

mushroominator

Mar 2, 2015
You may have some dirt on the rubber blade, some rag & white vinegar cold be your friend.

My 2010 Mk.2 Leon on it's original bales at 50k is just starting to smear very slightly.

I have noticed that with after market blades the clips onto the arm are not as flush and slim as OE from a dealer..

Yeah, I've tried that - it worked for a short period of time.

I assume I should wash the screen the same way?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members