Wiper Blades

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Have found the standard fit wiper blades to be pretty attrocious, they leave lots of lines and streaks, Have tried cleaning them to no avail. Going to purchase a new set of something better but, yet again, the manual doesn't tell you the size needed. Anyone got any idea?

thanks

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Seem to be having issues with this. Measured the ones on the car and they are 17" and 26" however when I go online and put my details into the thing that tells you if the item is comatible with my car says its not. I contacted a dealer who took my Reg number and said it should be 15" and 24". I measured the existing ones again and they are definately 17" and 26". My dad has a Passat and just got a new drivers side blade and I have the box for it, its a 26" and measured it against the one on my Ibiza and its the same. Any ideas?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
One problem with Ibiza's is the whole world has different ideas of what actually is a MK3 4 5 etc, so databases tend to have significant differences or errors.

Last edited:

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Only 1 of the 3 cars I have to buy wipers for has the correct sizes in UK databases. Even the official sizes quoted from the car maker can be improved upon sometimes.

If the current wipers on your car are of suitable size, then just ordering individual Bosch wiper blades in the sizes required from fleabay/CP4L or whoever is a safe bet, this is what I often do and is cost effective.
(Other good quality wiper blades and various sales outlets are available, e.t.c.)

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I phone my local dealer today and all they could give me was part numbers but still no sizes. They want £23.42 + VAT a side I don't think so

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Having to wipe down my window every journey now, felt the wipers and they have as much force behind them as a flimy bit of paper. Has anyone had much success with new ones? Getting desperate now, buying the most expensive screenwash didnt work either (it was green too!)
Need a solution asap!

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I bought a pair of Bosch Aerotwin blades and they are so much better. To confirm they are 17" and 26". Sellers on Ebay were giving shorter sizes as correct ones but these are definately correct.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yup, never had any problems with Philips Xtremes, the factory fit tend to be Philips long life so lower temperature longer life and with less light output.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise