wiper problems

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
i own a 2002 toledo se tdi. Have just had the windscreen replaced. When putting the wipers back on replaced standard wiper blades with aero blades. When activating the wipers they get to half way up the screen then stick, you can hear the motor trying to move the blades then the motor cuts out. If i remove the blades off the screen the wiper mechanism moves the wiper arms as normal, problem occurs when i put the blades on the screen. I replaced the aero blades with the previous ones to see if the problem was being caused by the aero blades but the same thing happened. Obviously the motor is working as it works the blades when they are lifted off the screen. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
wipers seem to work when window is really wet, however stick when window dries. Obviously there is more strain on the motor pushing blades over a dry window, so is this a sign that the motor is on the way out? If so how much is a new motor and are they easy to install? Any help/advice greatly appreciated

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
It transpires that the person who removed the wiper arms hit the spindles with a hammer to aid the release of the arms. Cannot see any visible damage/distortion, do you think this has caused the problem. Will i need to buy new linkage

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.