Wiper speed

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
On my car I don't have the rain sensing wipers so was wondering if this is just a quirk of the system. On the stalk there is the normal 3 positions for the front and the control for the intermittent speed. If you set the wipers to the slow wipe speed then move the control for the speed, you can speed up or slow down the wiper. If you then go to the fast wipe or intermittent then back to slow wipe, the slow wipe then goes back to its normal speed. I can't find anything in the manual about this.
This is not a moan about the wipers just pointing out about this as it could have its benefits when using the wipers.

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
I may be completely wrong here, but as I understand it the setting you are changing the frequency of the intermittent level. So whether it is every 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds type of thing. Depending on how heavily it is raining.

So you have down which is just a on demand swipe, then the first up is intermittent, the frequency of which you control with the slide setting on top of the stalk, the second up is normal speed constantly on and second up is high speed constantly on. Also worth pointing out that if you hold down the on demand swipe, it will go fast after you have held it down for a moment (good for overtaking a lorry).

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
No Marve it's not the intermittent level but the normal speed. I've found that by moving the slide on the top of the stalk, you can alter the speed of the normal wipe up to the speed of the fast wipe. If you then move to either the fast or intermittent setting the normal speed resets to it's normal speed if you go to that setting again.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members