Wipers...again

Simmhead

Hi all,

I am in need of some new wipers for my 55 plate Toledo.

I am loathed to pay nearly £40 delivered for a Bosch set. Though I know they make good stuff. Has anyone bought any of the cheaper makes from eBay.

If so, which brand/seller and what are your impressions of them?

TIA

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I bought my Bosch ones off Ebay, cost me about £15 delivered for the two front ones for my car, and about £20 for a set of three for the missus's Almera. I used 'uk_bulb_co', and got very good service.

You might as well stick with Bosch, just don't pay full price! :)

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
I bought my Bosch ones off Ebay, cost me about £15 delivered for the two front ones for my car, and about £20 for a set of three for the missus's Almera. I used 'uk_bulb_co', and got very good service.

You might as well stick with Bosch, just don't pay full price! :)

That company send you to their other company on ebay and talking nearer £40, so thinking the £15 was a mistake on their part?

Someone has a set on ebay now for £30, think EURO car parts do them for £35

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
That company send you to their other company on ebay and talking nearer £40, so thinking the £15 was a mistake on their part?

Someone has a set on ebay now for £30, think EURO car parts do them for £35

Not sure how it could be a mistake, after all I did get a set for mine and a set for the missus, at least a couple of months apart?:shrug:

But prices do change, so I suspect next time round I'll have to pay that £30...:(

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
The last time I was in Costco they had Goodyear branded floppy blades for £6.99 each so if you (or someone you know) are a member it might be worth looking in there?

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Pretty sure they don't fit, they come with a range of adaptors but can't see how they can fit, I have used them on other cars, good quality though if they fit your car.

They don't fit the B6 A4 either

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Not sure how it could be a mistake, after all I did get a set for mine and a set for the missus, at least a couple of months apart?:shrug:

But prices do change, so I suspect next time round I'll have to pay that £30...:(

Just seems a huge increase from £15 which I imagine is below cost price or close on it, if it is the 26" aerotwin pack. It was the 958s twinpack you got wasn't it?

This seller seems to be cheapest on eBay, parts2clear,

Current Item - - 120398935650 £29.95 plus £3.00 postage

The uk_bulb_co now pass you to their sister company 'aj4151'

Current item 270595854331 £37.95 plus £2.99 postage.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Pretty sure they don't fit, they come with a range of adaptors but can't see how they can fit, I have used them on other cars, good quality though if they fit your car.

They don't fit the B6 A4 either

:shrug: I know the Mk2 Leon was listed, but didn't check the Toledo. I guess if they don't fit then take them back?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Ah, now that may be the difference in price then. I don't remember them being described as 'aero', and it wasn't a twin pack, it was seperately packed blades. The drivers side has a spoiler attached, but the other wipers are bog standard.

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
:shrug: I know the Mk2 Leon was listed, but didn't check the Toledo. I guess if they don't fit then take them back?

I never checked the Toledo in the booklet you find attached, however I remember checking for the B6 A4 and it was listed, however they most certainly do not fit them.

I'm no expert but I just couldn't see how they could fit, I thought by the packaging there was a picture of adaptor that looked like it might fit, but that one wasn't shown in the paperwork inside, I gave up and got the Bosch aerotwins.

Yes easy to return with Costco, don't even need the receipt as all stored on card, never a quibble there.

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Ah, now that may be the difference in price then. I don't remember them being described as 'aero', and it wasn't a twin pack, it was seperately packed blades. The drivers side has a spoiler attached, but the other wipers are bog standard.

Yes that makes sense now, what age/model is your Toledo

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Think that's another factor the MK3 seems to be specific fit, so probably dealer only or the bosch aero's

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Ouch! It might be worth looking at changing the entire arm then, with one that has a more standard fixing? It might be more costly up front but you can then use cheaper blades?

gogs

Nov 21, 2009
Not sure if there is an improved alternative arm, it's the type that sit tucked away under the front door pillars.

I know a lot of people change the likes of the B6 A4 arms for the newer ones in order to be able to take an aero style blade as the standard blades are poor.

£33 for a set is a bit criminal but think the dealers are even more

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Not sure if there is an improved alternative arm, it's the type that sit tucked away under the front door pillars.

Ah, so that's why you have to go for an 'aero' blade, basically you need the low profile for it to return home correctly.

I do enjoy reading about design 'features' that sound fantastic on paper, but when you get down to the maintenance of them they are a real ball ache. Anyone who's had to work on a Vauxhall interior will understand, nicely fitting plastics but woe betide you have to remove one, because it'll never go back on again properly!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.