Wipers

ashackle

Jun 1, 2008
Scotland
Hi all I've not posted on here for a ling time as I spent some time away from Seat's but have now more than happily returned with a mk3 fr 150. One query I have is that my previous mk2 fr wipers used to sweep the window once after a delay when using the washers I assume to clear the last drips off the windscreen, my mk3 doesn't seem to do this on the front but does on the rear windscreen, do you think this is a fault or is it no longer a feature? Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Last edited:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Same here, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't bother me enough to take it back to the dealer though.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I noticed the same. I also randomly get two wipes instead of one when first engaging intermittent wipe manually.

ashackle

Jun 1, 2008
Scotland
Thanks for this, not too big a deal for me either to be honest but just thought it odd that the rear one does it but not the front, mine might be intermittent too just not really noticed it until this morning, where I live usually the wipers are on full time anyway

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Mine always gives me the delayed sweep. Well I've certainly never noticed that it hasn't. Those of you who get it intermittently, do you have auto sensing wipers? I don't. So maybe it is the sensor sensing there is no wetness left so it doesn't need to do it?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I suspect some cars do not have this enabled or certainly not on those that have auto wipers, this may help using VCDS.

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Channel : (17)-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status - set to active

Traenenwischen = Tears Wipe

Last edited:

ashackle

Jun 1, 2008
Scotland
No I don't have auto wipers either so maybe it is disabled in the vcds settings next time it's in for a service I'll maybe get it checked:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members