Wipers??

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Hi all

Long time now post but hoping someone here has some insight into a rather annoying issue i seem to have with my wipers...

Scenario - i'm driving in the rain with my wiper stalk on any of the on positions so they are working at whatever speed, doesnt matter which setting as long as the wipers are on. I stop, turn the engine off and leave the car for work for example. When i come back and start the engine the wipers dont come on, despite the stalk still being in any of the on positions? I have to move to back to off then back to the desired on setting and they work fine?

Every car i've ever driven, including the mk4 ibiza cupra would see the wipers come on straight away on whatever setting the stalk was left on when i last left the car.

Is it just me or is this "normal" for the Leon?

Its a Leon SC with technology pack, i do not auto wipers/lights.

thanks in advance"

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi all

Long time now post but hoping someone here has some insight into a rather annoying issue i seem to have with my wipers...

Scenario - i'm driving in the rain with my wiper stalk on any of the on positions so they are working at whatever speed, doesnt matter which setting as long as the wipers are on. I stop, turn the engine off and leave the car for work for example. When i come back and start the engine the wipers dont come on, despite the stalk still being in any of the on positions? I have to move to back to off then back to the desired on setting and they work fine?

Every car i've ever driven, including the mk4 ibiza cupra would see the wipers come on straight away on whatever setting the stalk was left on when i last left the car.

Is it just me or is this "normal" for the Leon?

Its a Leon SC with technology pack, i do not auto wipers/lights.

thanks in advance"
I'm sure it's normal.

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
I'm sure mine do the same, but I have the rain sensor so 99% of the time they are left in the first (intermittent/auto) position. I have found that even in this position the wipers don't start unit I'm moving (at approximately 10mph when the doors lock) so I expect what you have is normal.

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Stringster

Mar 30, 2017
I have the same on my ST Tech. Have to flick the stalk on and off to get them working again - even when left on auto.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
They will start wiping automatically but you need to drive a bit 1st.

As Kiddo says it's to prevent damage if you start the engine and the window is frozen.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.