Mar 4, 2021
Hi once more,
I am new to this forum, and I have one more question, sorry I forgot to ask it in previous thread.
My car is Ibiza 2003 1.4 TDi.
I found some wires, on driver's seat it's not connected (looks like broken), and on passenger seat it's good.
So I just wanted to know what are they for, do I need to fix it or?
And maybe helps that my airbag warning lamp is on, yellow light, so I guess maybe it's something with that?
Also, sometime my power steering lamp get's on on starting the car, but I just turn it off and start again, and it shuts down, no idea why.
PS.
One picture is from connected wires from below passenger seat, and other two are from below driver's seat, that's not connected.

Attachments

• 20210304_173513.jpg
    20210304_173513.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 20210304_173529.jpg
    20210304_173529.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 20210304_173533.jpg
    20210304_173533.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 502

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hello, yes these wires are meant to be connected to that connector for your driver's side seat as it will have an airbag in it.

Once you have worked out how to repair that wiring, disconnect the car battery and wait maybe 30 minutes, maybe even switching the ignition key to ON to make sure that no circuits have still got stored charge of voltage. Then repair that lead, only then reconnect the battery - but I'd think that there will now be a fault logged in the airbag system so that warning light will stay on until that stored fault has been cleared by a suitable VW Group compliant scan tool.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Sadly, like most VAG cars of our age the airbag warning light is vulnerable due to the inadequate yellow (I think) connector plug under the seats. It sounds like your previous owner may have attempted to repair but given up.
A fix is,-
Remove the plug and solder the wires together or solder a new heavier duty plug in there.
Once you have done this you will need to connect the car to a Vagcom to switch the light off.
😀

Tvrtko

Hey man! It's great to see someone from Bosnia and Herzegovina too! (Đes ba). Those wires are supposed to be connected to the seat (airbag). My guess is that the previous owner tried fixing the airbag light (maybe the wiring was faulty) but gave up. So my suggestion is like @RUM4MO said, disconnect battery, wait at least 30 mins, and then start with the repair of wiring. You should deff solder the wires and use the heat shrinks (you can buy them at local electrical shops). Once you fix it and connect to the seat, connect the battery and see if there's an Airbag light. If there is, contact some local repair shops just to try clearing fault codes, finding those shops shouldn't be hard in Bosnia. If the light stays off you're good to go, if it comes back on then you have a problem with an airbag (in the seat), then it will require some further troubleshooting. But return to us with the news so we'll help you with troubleshooting.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.