Wiring To Fuse Box

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
How easy is it to connect a wire to the fuse box in these cars and the best way to do it??

I have a gauge to wire in and there are 6 wires and one will be for the fuse box/permanent power.

And where is the nearest earth around that area?

Thank,

Craig.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
what your after is a permanent live and a ground? easiest for live is off the back of the headunit! and ground just strap it to the head unit ground.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
^^ as he said

all the wiring you could need including ignition and permanent lives and if you are doing a pillar gauge then 2 screws for the speedo surround to run the wires across and back of the light switch for illumination

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
^^ as he said

all the wiring you could need including ignition and permanent lives and if you are doing a pillar gauge then 2 screws for the speedo surround to run the wires across and back of the light switch for illumination

Yep that would probably be the easiest way but I want to try and keep all the wires from the pillar gauge all across that side of the car if at all possible.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
back of the headlight switch then for a perm live from the sidelight supply but you'll need a multimeter to confirm which one though as i can't remember

you'll have illumination supply too of course

and while switch is out there is a couple decent earth mounting bolts just inside from memory + 1 on switch anyway

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.