Wishbone symptoms??

peterb107

Hi all, thought I`d get your expert advise before getting ripped off down the garage!!

Back last year, when having my MOT done, the mechanic mentioned something about a "visbun" (he was a foreigner, and I didn`t understand a word he was saying - so got out of there as soon as car passed MOT!)

Anyway, loking back, I presume he meant wishbone, as now I am having problems.

I fitted new tyres only last week, and after a 250 mile journey, the whole outside of my passenger front tyre had both scrubbed and worn to basically an illegal tyre!! I had no time to take it to a garage, and had to get back home, so put my spare on.....hey presto, that was knackered when I got home too!!!

I need to sort this asap as it`s obviously not safe and I have kids in my car!

Does this seem like a wishbone problem?? What happens if it fails?? Could it be tracking??
etc etc...

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
sounds like your tracking is out ALOT!! does it drive like a bag of s**t? does it pull alot to one side? might even be a bent wishbone for a tyre to go that quickly!! id get underneath and check bushes too!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
get camber and tracking done (also do NOT get conned in paying for all 4 wheels to get camber and tracking, as you can only adjust the front, so many people tried to charge me for both, only one place told me straight away "only the front can be adjusted")

jon_boi_91

May 6, 2011
does it pull to one side under braking and accelerating? sometimes you might get a knocking noise too :)

peterb107

It is pulling slightly to the drivers side under hard braking.

Where the road is slightly uneven, or if I drive accross white lines etc, it seems to pull to one side.....(car sort of wobbles lightly)

Fine under acceleration.

I`ve just had a look under the car (don`t know what at 2bh haha) - but there seems to be a cone shaped rubber boot thing there, which seems split down the middle, exposing a silver metal??

No knocking noises at all, tried full lock etc, all seems fine.

Mk2Ibiza

Aug 31, 2010
Middlesex
It is pulling slightly to the drivers side under hard braking.

Where the road is slightly uneven, or if I drive accross white lines etc, it seems to pull to one side.....(car sort of wobbles lightly)

Fine under acceleration.

I`ve just had a look under the car (don`t know what at 2bh haha) - but there seems to be a cone shaped rubber boot thing there, which seems split down the middle, exposing a silver metal??

No knocking noises at all, tried full lock etc, all seems fine.

cv boot. But that alone shouldnt cause tyre wear.

knackerdecobre

Get a few pics up of the front wheels, its got to be majorly out to kill a tyre in 250miles!

Smokeyjoedc

Ball joint? i had the mass scrubbage and wobbly steering when my balljoint was rattling

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise