WLAN - Mib 2

gamerdood123

Oct 1, 2020
United Kingdom
WLAN
(I know it's wifi)
Any reason it's greyed out? Any advantage to not being greyed out/activated?
Guess full link can't utilise WiFi for wireless connection?
(2016 Leon with full link, Mib2)
UK based if it matters

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_085256.jpg
    IMG_20201026_085256.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 316

Tell

Staff member
WLAN
(I know it's wifi)
Any reason it's greyed out? Any advantage to not being greyed out/activated?
Guess full link can't utilise WiFi for wireless connection?
(2016 Leon with full link, Mib2)
UK based if it matters

Thanks all

Running more up-to-date firmware which corresponds to the WiFi enabled standard units of circa 2019 by any chance ?. The WiFi standard units are identified as MY19 & MY20 with the build device part number finishing in 877 and 877A.

It was never on 2016 standard mib2 units. WiFi was on the plus / high unit but the 2016 ones they messed up by not offering the client WiFi switch software toggle in the firmware. I put up a thread on the Ateca side for getting the switch up via VCDS / Obdeleven. Seat subsequently corrected the high's firmware.

The chipset of mib2 standard unit was suppose to have the chips in to enable WiFi but not the rest (the micro code to enable probably), only with the 2019 models or so on did it come with WiFi the same as the high units. The purpose then was to support Seat media control.

The Android full link with WiFi connection is not supported on these units, you need the 5ghz band. As for mib3 it needs the zn2 unit which isn't on any of the UK Seat models. Have to look up for a Cupra 2020 face lift for that. The mib3 zn1 unit is the one going into UK Seats and that's equivalent on connectivity to the existing standard unit as far as Apple and Android is concerned except you now have Seat connect services, e-sim and Here Maps on the SSD in the unit but no workaround for getting maps without forking out after the one year free connect service runs out.

So in summary for those who want full link with wifi connect via the 5ghz band must think big to a facelift Cupra but you do need to check it comes with the zn2 unit. Information gleaned from German Seat website. Zn2 is the bells and whistles one like the high / plus unit.

Last edited:

gamerdood123

Oct 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Running more up-to-date firmware which corresponds to the WiFi enabled standard units of circa 2019 by any chance ?. The WiFi standard units are identified as MY19 & MY20 with the build device part number finishing in 877 and 877A.

It was never on 2016 standard mib2 units. WiFi was on the plus / high unit but the 2016 ones they messed up by not offering the client WiFi switch software toggle in the firmware. I put up a thread on the Ateca side for getting the switch up via VCDS / Obdeleven. Seat subsequently corrected the high's firmware.

The chipset of mib2 standard unit was suppose to have the chips in to enable WiFi but not the rest (the micro code to enable probably), only with the 2019 models or so on did it come with WiFi the same as the high units. The purpose then was to support Seat media control.

The Android full link with WiFi connection is not supported on these units, you need the 5ghz band. As for mib3 it needs the zn2 unit which isn't on any of the UK Seat models. Have to look up for a Cupra 2020 face lift for that. The mib3 zn1 unit is the one going into UK Seats and that's equivalent on connectivity to the existing standard unit as far as Apple and Android is concerned except you now have Seat connect services, e-sim and Here Maps on the SSD in the unit but no workaround for getting maps without forking out after the one year free connect service runs out.

So in summary for those who want full link with wifi connect via the 5ghz band must think big to a facelift Cupra but you do need to check it comes with the zn2 unit. Information gleaned from German Seat website. Zn2 is the bells and whistles one like the high / plus unit.

Thank you for your reply and all the info! I now know its a useless menu feature!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.