Wobbly seat

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The first thing I noticed when I sat in the new motor (see post previous to this one), was that the drivers seat moves slightly, perhaps about an inch forwards and backwards? All the electric movements work fine, but its not as if I can 'dial out' the slack. Well, I probably could do if I took it right to the limit, but I'm just not that short and I'd prefer to not have to steer the wheel with my nipples...

I suspect there's just a loose/missing bolt that needs to be tightened, but has anyone any pointers on where to look? Or is this movement typical? I haven't tried the passenger seat so I'm not sure if thats the same.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
the mountings for the seats are a bit dodgey, bolted up front then rollers at the back, no rear bolts.... might be possible that one of the wheels on the back roller has worn, broken or come off.... from reading unclefesters progress thread i think he had a similar problem with his new s3 seats.... think he got the bit needed off david seremotors?? hes got a section on this site i believe

cheers

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Ah, that sounds very promising, thanks. It does feel like something has broke or is missing, I've put my hand underneath and there's part of the seat that stays with the car, so as you say its possibly the rear roller.

I'm guessing this isn't an MOT failure, I would hope people like the VAG would know better than to secure a seat by just a roller, there must be a backup latch or something?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members