Wont you please help me help me

learner

Help me if you can I am feeling low and my lovely seat ibiza just wont go, When it was a young boy about two weeks ago, it went rather well took me to and fro , Now I done the pedal box it just wont start any more, please can you help me get it away from my door, Help me if you can its breaking my heart, and I just cannot get my baby to start, It drove in three days ago, I done the box and must have knocked something of any suggestions where to look I am getting spark fuel and turning over but just will not start

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
All I can suggest is checking every place you did the pedal box, could of knocked something, or could just be a big coincidence really and something went?

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
i believe the easyest thing to suggest is get a sparky in to have a look at it. with no offence intended you cant simly ask someone on a forum to give you an answer to an unanswerable question, we cant see what youve un bolted, un pluged,moved to do the job. any answer people give will be a guess. get a sparky to put a multimetre on it and they may find whats wrong, alternitively you could re track everything you did, check everything is plugged in and that all your earths have been re attached, check that you havent blown any fuses while youve had wires apart ect, sadly this is the only answer we can give you

learner

Thanks for the reply, The thing is I have already had an auto spark and a garage man with diagnostic machine none of which could solve my problem, that is why I thought that somebody on one of the forums might have came across a similar problem and could have solved the problem or at least give me a hint or two of what I was looking for .But thanks all the same for the reply

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
might sound daft but try disconecting your battery and leve it for 30mins and then re-connect, you may have disconnected something and need to re set yor car, believe it or not but this sometimes helps, if not then the only thing you can do is take it all apart again and see if youve missed something, if that still fails then its just going to be a case of spending money with a garage and just leaving the car with them until they find a fault, may be expensive but could be the only way??? they might find something the diagnostic and sparky couldnt

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
any competant chap with a multimeter will be able to find the problem...
what engine is it?
It needs fuel and a spark to work... if its turning over then its because one of these isnt working properly...

Only way to diagnose it would be to check all the voltages of the things that make it start,
coil
starter motor if its not cranking
injectors
Main HT lead
crank signal
etc

Or as youve said if you loosened the fuse box, loosen it off again and make sure everything is plugged in properly... sounds daft but there is a little plastic locking piece that stops the plugs from coming out, but if this is knocked out of place and you tug on the fusebox a bit it WILL pull the plugs out of place...