Woo-Hoo! Cupra Exhaust.

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
errm you might need a few more than 2 zip ties mate, the weight and vibrations might loosen it up, looks v.tasty! and i dont think them bits of the zorst heats up much tbh so seems cool.

but if it does fall thats your exhaust scraping on the ground mate.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
why not grab a 'Jubilee clip' for it just tighten the barstoooo-id up real tight .. better than zip-ties burning/breaking as your blatting it down the road and scraping your shiney tips
;)

Just try to keep the bugger straight , though.. mine used to always kick over /down a bit ....
6h2qf51.jpg

Last edited:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
why not grab a 'Jubilee clip' for it just tighten the barstoooo-id up real tight .. better than zip-ties burning/breaking as your blatting it down the road and scraping your shiney tips
;)

Just try to keep the bugger straight , though.. mine used to always kick over /down a bit ....
6h2qf51.jpg

I think i mite go for the 'jubilee clip' method. But i wont make the change until the weekend. I will keep an eye on the zip-ties until the weekend. I might even put 2 jubilee clips on to help to keep it straight.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Ive been out an had a look at the zip-ties and they seem fine. I was out in the car for a couple of hours last nite on, lets just say, not exactly the smoothest roads. They were really bumpy where pieces had been replaced etc.

I dont think they will loosen up because of the way they are. If they had been the opposite way round,the square,rachet type end up by the exhaust mount i think it would loosen but because the square bit is at the bottom i think it will be fine!

The cable ties are still as tight as they were on friday when the car came out of the garage after they had been done.

Could you slightly melt the zip-tie by the bit it end goes through to stop it moving?

Last edited:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
I am a bit confused, maybe I missed something, BUT why not try and use actual exhaust mounts (rubber "0" rings) like everyone else??

Mig

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
i was about to make the same comment... go down halfrauds, exhaust mounts come in many sizes and shapes im sure they will have something for a quid or 2.

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
its to lift it up high enough to sit against the bumper rather than han about an inch below the bumper id say....If it were me id tack weld it on for the banter.....

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Now im thinking of cutting alittle bit out the bumper and putting it in the exhaust mount. The only issue would be getting it into the mount as the exhaust is on the car.

Would it be easy enough to get it into the mount while on the car??

Also should it hang straight if it is in the mount??

Last edited:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Going to have to leave the exhaust mounted the way it is. The way the mount and the hanger on the exhaust are i cant get the hanger into the mount.

You will see what i mean if you look back at one of the pics i posted. So im just going to put a jubilee clip on for extra support.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
you can do it if you nick the exhaust mount off a mk3 ibiza buddy ;)
Theyre exactly the same fitment but the hole in the rubber for the hanger is at 90 degress to the one on the mk2

if you really want to lift it up that is :D

I might think of doing that. Ive put a jubilee-clip over the zip-ties and through the exhaust rubbers. I will keep an eye on it but im happy with it as it is just now. Might end up lifting it through time tho!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.